After annulment can my Filipino gf remarry

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Most likely your lady friend will want children with you in the future so factor that in as well.

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

I think I’m swayed to the idea of bring the good lady to uk work a little longer make some more money and then settle in phil but time will tell.

Nothing ever seems easy does it guys 🤪

Remember if you are successful in bringing her to the uk , she then could work after a time and that way your income would increase and so on.

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Most likely your lady friend will want children with you in the future so factor that in as well.

Thirty odd is too young to retire and 21k is to little to support a future family. Don't forget what this forum is about, asking questions and getting answers. Sometimes the answers are a bit mixed but your circumstances and others vary, proper immigration agents can give you better legal advice and follow their advice not a relative or friend. Old 55's advice is sound, planning or not, accidents do happen, good luck.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

After re-reading your posts and the answers and links, being married before 21 and no parental signatures won't wash, she consented to the marriage and lived with him in wedlock. Don't forget in the eyes of the law she is still married to him and she is over 21 now. I think your solicitor has eyed you up as being his next bankroll for his annual holiday, sorry for being blunt, but that is the way it is.

Personally, If I was in your shoes I'd pay for another solicitor's advice without telling him you've already got advice, two heads are better than one and sometimes cheaper.

If you haven't lost interest in her after all the mess is fixed up, take her home on a prospective marriage visa is what they call it here in Oz, wont be much different in Brit and marry her there. Less hassle if the wheels fall of the wagon down along the path they call life experiences. good luck. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some sound advice from those that have had years of experience. 

Definitely go ahead with the annulment asap. Things are changing in the UK with Brexit and immigration from outside of the EU could go both ways. Prepare for it to take at least 2 years though. 

Your age is against you for retiring in the Philippines but where I live there's a fair amount of guys who visit the Philippines for a few months then return home to their own countries to earn more money. Just ensure you maintain National Insurance contributions. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

Hi guys food for thought sure. 

From .Clermont I respect all advice all give young or old on here the fact that people are willing to help says a lot about them so I’m nothing but appreciative. In regards to the 21k mate to support on I think that’s just the uk baseline to accept another. My salary is above 30k so I should be fine.

Something you said in regards to getting a second opinion I think ok that’s something I will definitely do because I have also read that even though my gf was married with no parental consent before 21 she was still married to him after 21 albeit separated. I think this Atty was using this point along with witnesses of his physical abuse to her and then the fact he has a child with her he’s never supported. But whether that’s enough I don’t know... the system is such a minefield. 🤯. We don’t even know where he is. It’s been 10 years since she last seen him.

Yes .Snowy79 I do think age is against me to retire.. not necessarily that it can’t be done but yes I think at 35 I still have too much energy and with the inability to work there after that it would be tough.

however after a few years of eating letchon i think I could come back and rehearse for santa 😂😂. 

I was in phil for the month there in November and the pounds I put on were remarkable 🤣🤪

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shaun Paul Porter said:

.Clermont

Something you said in regards to getting a second opinion I think ok that’s something I will definitely do because I have also read that even though my gf was married with no parental consent before 21 she was still married to him after 21 albeit separated. I think this Atty was using this point along with witnesses of his physical abuse to her and then the fact he has a child with her he’s never supported. But whether that’s enough I don’t know... the system is such a minefield. 🤯. We don’t even know where he is. It’s been 10 years since she last seen him.

.Snowy79

You will have a long expensive fight , but if she is the one well it will be worth it.

Once he husband finds out about you and he will you may be having to give him cash too, plus the child may throw another spanner in the works , good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Once he husband finds out about you and he will you may be having to give him cash too, plus the child may throw another spanner in the works , good luck.

Quite right Steve, I have many times that errant Husbands have a habit of coming out of the Woodwork on issues like this :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soldier of opportunity
Posted
Posted

He’s got kids with another is all we know and my gf said she seen his cousin when we were last back when she’s with me so if he was going to complain he would of done that time?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Shaun Paul Porter said:

so if he was going to complain he would of done that time?

Shaun, it is only when proceedings start that his head will be seen in the Arena, To many men here just wanting cash, once they see the Papers and smell money involved it Starts :whistling: Be lucky mate but be Vigilant also  :wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1