Funeral Photos?( just not into this But!)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Another one bites the Dust from "A" s Very large family, It is not my sort of thing but Life goes on and we all have to remember that this I guess will be one of us one day. Our Daughter has at times a weird sense of Humor and is getting used to the Western part of the Family. Although a sad day [ She was a favorite Aunt to TM] but even so, she sent this to me earlier and in a Humour she guessed I would understand, her Classmates said Who the White man Shang [ Gosh I hate that Nickname]

So my Friends Spot the White man EH!

landas funeral.jpg

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Pictures can tell a story, and can hold many memories for the next few generations once we have gone.

Are you the one in the middle front row.

• Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Steve, have you had your glasses checked ? :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Steve , Steve Steve,  Love you to bits but :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Hmm thinking 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only white guy I see is in the middle of the front row... unless there is some joke I am missing?

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As long as it's not Jack in the box it's all good I guess.:shades:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The only white guy I see is in the middle of the front row... unless there is some joke I am missing?

:hystery: No Tim it was just me trying to state the Obvious but it got lost somewhere along the way :whistling:

22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

her Classmates said Who the White man Shang [ Gosh I hate that Nickname]

It was what (our daughters) classmates said that made me howl, as if I should not have been there:89: [You pays you goes EH?]

Jack:shades:

Morning all:photo-109: (From a Wet and Windy Dumaguete)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

As long as it's not Jack in the box it's all good I guess.:shades:

:thumbsup: Nah! not my turn yet or Near I hope :wink: I am still in my own box but Thanks for the thought :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Family group funeral photos and photos of the beloved deceased in their final resting place/ coffins are still common practice in very many places, including the more isolated parts of the North American far north. My first wife has lots of coffin pictures of her deceased parents, siblings, and other family members.

Extended families used to come together for weddings, funerals, christenings, etc in rural places where distance wasn't an overwhelming factor. Now its not, but a lot of people are time squeezed or don't have much of an active relationship with extended kin relationships, like they still do here in the PI due to economic mutual intra-dependence. I know and see most of my PI wife's kin from time to time, but I haven't seen my own cousins since I was a child. Heck, with over a dozen blood aunts and uncles, I don't even know who most of them are anymore. No family compounds or barangay clans in most of the western modern world. For most, you're lucky if you have kin living in the same county, state, province.... or judging by us ex-pats, ... country.      :89:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/15/2017 at 9:34 AM, manofthecoldland said:

Family group funeral photos and photos of the beloved deceased in their final resting place/ coffins are still common practice in very many places, including the more isolated parts of the North American far north. My first wife has lots of coffin pictures of her deceased parents, siblings, and other family members.

Extended families used to come together for weddings, funerals, christenings, etc in rural places where distance wasn't an overwhelming factor. Now its not, but a lot of people are time squeezed or don't have much of an active relationship with extended kin relationships, like they still do here in the PI due to economic mutual intra-dependence. I know and see most of my PI wife's kin from time to time, but I haven't seen my own cousins since I was a child. Heck, with over a dozen blood aunts and uncles, I don't even know who most of them are anymore. No family compounds or barangay clans in most of the western modern world. For most, you're lucky if you have kin living in the same county, state, province.... or judging by us ex-pats, ... country.      :89:

Yes, the culture around funerals and such is quite different here.  I have a Filipino FB friend who I don't know well, but he is a very nice guy and he sang at our wedding.  His nephew died and he has been posting a lot of pictures related to it. 

The nephew was a good looking teenager a year ago and just recently he was skin and bones in the hospital, so I assume he caught a serious disease.  Today my friend posted what are probably the last pictures.  I won't post the open casket pictures but these two caught me attention because I don't think we would see anything like this in our western culture.  I don't mean to be disrespectful but I thought this was interesting and I doubt that you would see a westerner posting this on FB.

The boy's name was Bruce.  Good bye Bruce and I hope you are in a happier place now.

feet.jpg  smoke.jpg

• Sad 1