Hawaii Beauties?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Tell me if you have noticed this? 

We have 4 SM malls and Hypermarts with in 5 square miles of us. MOA draws foreigners and the well to do Filipinos, High degree of English proficiency, tall, slim, well made up sales ladies.  the 2 SM's near condos and subdivisions like wise have their share of pretty ladies, not quite as many and English is sometimes a challenge, the one smack in the middle of a squatter area and with out condos, subdivisions or upper-class homes is staffed by overweight, pregnant and to be charitable girls whose skin is not very smooth. 

But like almost every place else I have been in the world, there are just so many pretty trees in the forest here, that the ugly, knarled and trees struck by lightning just get overlooked :thumbsup:

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, bows00 said:

I just sat through 2 hours of a Miss Hawaii Beauty pageant...

Why on earth would you endure 2 hours of ANY beauty pageant?!

As an aside, seems to me that it is usually pinays who watch the beauty contest here. 

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

I think the Philippines has the most beautiful people, women, men, and children, in the world.  And when you get the opportunity to know these people you find the beauty is so much more than skin deep.  What absolutely mystifies me is when I see the giant poster ads at the big malls and all the models are Caucasian.  :89:

We like to visit a coffee kiosk in the mall that's across from a Guess shop. They always have posters of Caucasians in their windows. I usually say to myself, "Now I know why they have to Guess!"

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Gary D said:

Felt a bit let down when I turn around and the wife was talking to her in Tagalog.

Almost all my Hawaii friends are Filipino in some mixture. In fact, I think it's that sun-baked Hawaii Filipina look that set me off on this journey. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Almost all my Hawaii friends are Filipino in some mixture. In fact, I think it's that sun-baked Hawaii Filipina look that set me off on this journey. 

Yes many pinoy moved to Hawaii during the late 1800s-early 1900s to work on the sugar plantations. The young girl we encountered was probably 3-4th generation Hawaiian pinoy.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, allancomeau said:

Why on earth would you endure 2 hours of ANY beauty pageant?!

As an aside, seems to me that it is usually pinays who watch the beauty contest here. 

I was at a friends house whose niece was one of the contestants.  Yeah, it was brutal.  

bows00
Posted
Posted

One thing I notice right off the bat is how petite and slim the Filipina's are by comparison.  I notice the contrast once I return home and walk around the Honolulu Airport...

• Like 1