Monthly Costs

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

The problem with these budget requests are that they are at best just a snapshot. To make any sense at all we need a comparison with previous years. If you are good to go this year because the numbers work out what about in five or ten years time will you still have enough money.

My year payout is approx 6% up each year and has been now for 5+ years My PCA wife has a damned good system of recording and has been 90% right in most cases, I do agree with you but bearing in Mind a fair % of members here are on Fixed incomes so it can't get much higher than any increases we get each Year.Those that are still working well what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg I guess we can look on those as the Luckier ones and can get a little more frivolous each year I mean the rest of us can only spend what we have "Make your life fit your Budget" :wink: comes to mind

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Really

Petty and Trivial costs . What if the OP is on a tight budget? What if the OP lives in the mountains and has to make a day trip each time to immigration? Do we put that in transport cost? We can take all the trivial costs out and make a false budget but what good will that do anyone? 

So as a senior member of this forum my real advice is to stop trying to get up my nose as Christmas is coming and Santa wont play nice.  :28:

Yep ,that's why we are here and as a senior member you will see the limitations of newbies such as myself and give the odd slap and  tickle but at the end of the day? Your forum will fall over without input from people like me, others. Control? Apparently, shoot me down if wrong but certainly appears JGF sided. Nice to know you all and if JGF has the balls to give further Christmas wishes? 

We are all individuals and I will certainly not be stifled here or any other site by ones apparently god given vision or lest.

Cheers, Steve.

JGF, mate take stock.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

:shock_40_anim_gif:OMG,  "who would have known that" budget analysis could be so complicated ? Guess I'll stick to Numbeo and the simple rough  price of a dozen eggs ....... but what size,.... grade.... are they organic?.....  are the chickens free ranging?... do I own my own chickens..... I am dizzy !   Ah, screw it. I'll handle the budget the way most people do.... improvise and make some hard, personal and individual decisions & adjustments that defy my pre-planned  norms, averages and expected expenses. The number of 'off-budget' items I pay out for here, never fails to amaze me due to the 'compassion factor' curse I oft' fall victim to, which is never a quantifiable item, but depletes my bank account with great regularity.

So Mano, Which came first? The chicken or the egg? 

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bigpearl said:

Yep ,that's why we are here and as a senior member you will see the limitations of newbies such as myself and give the odd slap and  tickle but at the end of the day? Your forum will fall over without input from people like me, others. Control? Apparently, shoot me down if wrong but certainly appears JGF sided. Nice to know you all and if JGF has the balls to give further Christmas wishes? 

We are all individuals and I will certainly not be stifled here or any other site by ones apparently god given vision or lest.

Cheers, Steve.

JGF, mate take stock.

You and your friend have been a problem here for awhile so stay over at the other expat forum as you are not welcome here. When 2 or more members team up to give the admin problems there comes a time when you will not be welcome and that time is now. For others who think I am wrong it's because you do not know what is going on and trust me we see a pattern from two members here deliberately trying to upset the flow of the forum.

Bigpearl. mate take stock  :merrychristmas:

• Thanks 3
  • I'm Confused 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

So Mano, Which came first? The chicken or the egg? 

Cheers, Steve.

I am pretty sure it was the Rooster that came first..... :hystery:

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

JGF; I couldn't see an emphasis on that mate bit, I think the blood might have been rightly boiling and you forgot it. :hystery: Anyway to all, HO HO and a Merry Christmas. :28: He's my very best mate.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

As many know I am not there yet and I am still working and saving hard while still enjoying our trips here and there.

One thing has jumped out at me is the difference between electric use and cost from the few who have put down there cost.

Another thing for me is if you just have a pension to live on ,well this is going to be very hard we for me it would.

I do try to work out a budget just like living here in England I budget for this and that but I also have the means to add extra when it's needed.

I do enjoy reading what others have to have and others who have everything but they dont seem to spend as much, each to there own and as long as each and everyone is happy in there life that's all that matters really.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

The problem with these budget requests are that they are at best just a snapshot. To make any sense at all we need a comparison with previous years. If you are good to go this year because the numbers work out what about in five or ten years time will you still have enough money.

And that's all I asked for basically a snapshot, to give me and other members a ball park figure of what it is now.  My projected icome will be going up over the years especially as I become an age where I can access things like Superannuation and similar at age 60.  I'm only 48 and retiring next year on my indexed navy pension and income from a rental property here in Australia.  All that over 60+ stuff is yet to come. 

So, to reiterate, ball park figures of now are most relevant to me, the guy making the request.  I'm sure other's are in a similar boat. 

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

So, to reiterate, ball park figures of now are most relevant to me,

Yep mate and for me that is what you have from me :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1