The Car & the weather

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

Meant to be 100psi in reality its around 70 psi

That must be a different scale than psi? 70psi is only about double normal house pressure, in the US I would only look at a 3,000 psi pressure washer, haven't seen one with a reasonable price (about 5,000 pesos) over 2,500 psi here.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

That must be a different scale than psi? 70psi is only about double normal house pressure, in the US I would only look at a 3,000 psi pressure washer, haven't seen one with a reasonable price (about 5,000 pesos) over 2,500 psi here.

I think he meant 100 bar.  100 bar is about 1450 PSI.  If I was the OP, I would look at the Bosch units.  Ace also puts them on sale.  I am not a fan of Black and Decker quality.

When I was shopping, I don't recall seeing any electric units with PSI as high as 2500.  They usually max out at less than 2000 psi.

To get 3000 psi, as far as I know, you need to have a gasoline powered unit.  3000 (or maybe it is 3500) psi and up has some other issues because you then need a heavier and thicker pressure hose.  I still can't find an extra normal hose here locally for my 2600 psi Honda powered unit.  They have them on Lazada but the price is double what I would like to pay.  Edit:  I just checked Lazada and they now have an 8 m hose for p1246.  I will order one later and I can finally power wash my roof, before painting.

3000+ psi is usually for commercial applications.  2500 psi is fine for almost all household tasks.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Watch the paint work if using too higher pressure, it will lift it. :58:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Watch the paint work if using too higher pressure, it will lift it. :58:

Yes quite agree, the one we are thinking about is a "Karcher k2" which has variable pressure settings and is the one our  car wash people use. :smile:

Jack :tiphat:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think he meant 100 bar.  100 bar is about 1450 PSI.  If I was the OP, I would look at the Bosch units.  Ace also puts them on sale.  I am not a fan of Black and Decker quality.

When I was shopping, I don't recall seeing any electric units with PSI as high as 2500.  They usually max out at less than 2000 psi...

3000+ psi is usually for commercial applications.  2500 psi is fine for almost all household tasks.

Yup, was typing too late at night and memory blanked on me. The unit I was looking at for 5,000p is 1700 psi not 2500.

As a General Contractor back in the US 3000 psi was the sweet spot for me. Could use a wider spray and get a job finished faster (cleaning driveways/sidewalks/siding/fences...) More than 3000 was too much power, they would screw stuff up, and under 3000 was too slow. I agree 2500 for a homeowner is plenty, I hope 1700 is enough (mostly for cleaning the moss and other slippery crap off the sidewalks etc)

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yup, was typing too late at night and memory blanked on me. The unit I was looking at for 5,000p is 1700 psi not 2500.

As a General Contractor back in the US 3000 psi was the sweet spot for me. Could use a wider spray and get a job finished faster (cleaning driveways/sidewalks/siding/fences...) More than 3000 was too much power, they would screw stuff up, and under 3000 was too slow. I agree 2500 for a homeowner is plenty, I hope 1700 is enough (mostly for cleaning the moss and other slippery crap off the sidewalks etc)

Yes, my last one in the U.S. was 3100 and was great.  Especially with one of these for flat surfaces:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerFit-PF31023B-Surface-Cleaner-15-Inch/dp/B00JKQI0TS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1514343791&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=pressure+washer+surface+cleaner&psc=1

It really cuts the time down.

It Florida the pros have big truck / trailer mounted units that are really high PSI.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I may even settle for this car was spray.gif seems a Good Idea ? Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

seems a Good Idea ? 

Look at You Tube for some reviews of similar products.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Look at You Tube for some reviews of similar products.

Scratching Head.jpg Youtube not responding today, are the reviews good or bad? :smile:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We got a wedding to go to in Calamba Thursday,

bottom of the car dirty ,will wash it early in the morning , that is unless its rains again !

Then i wont bother !

• Haha 1