SM death

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately someone has jumped or fallen from the third floor of SM city Cebu. Most likely jumped but too early to speculate. Why do people do this in a public place is beyond me assuming it was deliberate.  :SugarwareZ-034:

26023839_1407638979347412_5371940698106029136_o.jpg

• I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I found this in the Sunstar.

Police said that 45-year-old Rodrigo Maglasang, a native of Palompon, Leyte, climbed on the railings of the mall’s third level at 1:30 p.m. and plunged to his death. “Based on the statement of the witnesses, the victim jumped. In an interview, his brother told us that the victim was depressed,” PO3 Geoffrey Gutual, a homicide investigator, said. SM City Cebu, in an official statement, said that immediate medical help was provided to Maglasang. “He was rushed to a nearby hospital accompanied by mall personnel. A joint investigation with the local PNP is ongoing,” the statement said. “It happened so fast. He hit a table first before he fell on the floor,” a witness told SunStar Cebu. The Homicide Section of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) said that the victim was declared dead at 1:45 p.m. because of severe head injuries. Cebu Provincial Election Supervisor Lionel Marco Castillano said that Maglasang was an election clerk in Tuburan town. Castillano said that Maglasang was on a three-week sick leave for treatment of a lung ailment. Maglasang was supposed to report back to work when the accident happened. He said that Maglasang was with the Comelec for more than nine years. He was first assigned in Aloguinsan town, then to Toledo City before his latest assignment in Tuburan. (JOB, EOB)

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

“He was rushed to a nearby hospital accompanied by mall personnel.

Not from photos I seen and from my friend who was there at the time. He was dead with a pool of blood under his head. 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 26/12/2017 at 7:18 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why do people do this in a public place is beyond me assuming it was deliberate.  :SugarwareZ-034:

It takes a very brave man or an insane one to commit suicide, but yes, why in a shopping mall full of people.

May his disturbed soul rest in peace.