Philippines Driving License

PaulB
Posted
Posted

All

Well I had a good day yesterday. We went to the local LTO and I got my Philippines Driving License within 2 hours!!! The plastic card also!!! The staff were very helpful and open and all the support services were close by. Basically completed a form to transfer driving license from my UAE license, went across to medical centre where they did a blood test and then a very nice doctor did an eye test and blood pressure. Once medical completed I needed copies of:

• Passport
  • Latest entry stamp page from passport
  • ACR card
  • UAE driving license

I took all of this stuff back to LTO where they input my data onto the system and then photo, finger print and electronic signature and 5 minutes later card was printed.

At no time was I asked for anything more than the Php 850 fee however I was so impressed with the service I gave Php 2,000 for them all to have a New Years drink on me as it was their last days work before the New year. I now have the name and phone number of the big boss who is ready to help me renew in 5 years time.

I was truly amazed by the welcome feeling i was given and also the positive nature for wanting to help. I now have 3 licenses, UAE, UK and Philippines!

Well done LTO.

Paul

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I love how everything is standard in the Philippines (not). My licence consisted of filling a form in, colour blindness test and blood pressure. Pay the standard fee and receive a paper licence as no plastic available. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

When I converted my Texas drivers license in Pampanga (Dau) the medical portion consisted only of an eye exam. I have been waiting for over 4 months for the plastic license, but it only took around 45 minutes and 850p to get the paper license. 

• Haha 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Did mine recently, no issues except no plastic so "Have a bit of paper sir".  No problem as I know I'll get the plastic version eventually. However when it came to the eye test in the "Medical" - "Stand at the line Sir", yes I can do that, "Take off your glasses sir", "But I drive in them", "No matter sir", "OK then", "Cover your right eye and read the chart", "I can't", "Please start at the top sir" (a giant "H" about 8 inches (10 cm) high). "I can't" (sight in my left eye is terrible without specs). "Oh well, change eyes sir...........".

What that told them I have no idea. Next time I renew I'm going to really fool them by wearing my contact lenses....... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1