Cost for a dedicated driver

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

I will be arriving in Dumaguete in a couple of days to check out the area for relocation and do some serious house hunting. So that I am not taken advantage of, what should I expect to pay a driver/guide for a day or more to drive us around Dumaguete, Valencia, and Bacong?

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Whose vehicle will he be driving. If not yours the driver usual comes with the hire.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Early last year I hired taxi drivers when I was looking for places to rent in Cebu. Agreed price was 1,000 and 1,500 pesos for what amounted to be around 6 and 8 hours respectively. Also bought them lunch. One gave me the contact info for a private car rental company (drivers available) so now I just rent a car (drive myself). 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The last time we rented a car and driver, the cost was 1200 peso for the day.  Like Gator suggested, be sure to buy the driver lunch.  While not part of the agreement, it will be expected and much appreciated by the driver.

Also I am thinking the member here, myself included, would be interested in your search.  What did you find, the area, the price, etc.  

• Like 1

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gator said:

Early last year I hired taxi drivers when I was looking for places to rent in Cebu. Agreed price was 1,000 and 1,500 pesos for what amounted to be around 6 and 8 hours respectively. Also bought them lunch.

41 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The last time we rented a car and driver, the cost was 1200 peso for the day.  Like Gator suggested, be sure to buy the driver lunch.

Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

• Like 1

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Also I am thinking the member here, myself included, would be interested in your search.  What did you find, the area, the price, etc.

Will Do!

• Like 1