Looking for a recommended hotel in Subic.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

We will be in Subic area for a wedding in early February.  We are booked into the wedding hotel for the first two nights and then we need a hotel for the next 5 nights.  We are just looking at mid range prices, maybe £50 ($65 USD) per night.  Blue Rock was recommended by a forum member but is unavailable on those dates.

Any suggestions?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Wild Orchid may be an option Eddie, but it's a little more expensive than Blue Rock and doesn't have beach frontage.  Subiza is nice (formally Sheevan's).  Renovations are complete there now as well.  Both are located on Baloy Beach Road close to Blue Rock.

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Wild Orchid may be an option Eddie, but it's a little more expensive than Blue Rock and doesn't have beach frontage.  Subiza is nice (formally Sheevan's).  Renovations are complete there now as well.  Both are located on Baloy Beach Road close to Blue Rock.

Wild Orchid has beach front rooms. Directly across from the main part of the hotel, but rates are usually about 4K pesos a night and up. 

Can also consider the Treasure Island Resort, a little further down on the beach road from the Blue Rock / Wild Orchid; maybe 200-300 meters. Older place, but well kept and within the OP’s budget. I’d recommend an ocean view room (unless they cut down a big palm tree - room 7 has the best view). 

• Thanks 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

I enjoy the iCove Hotel. Good rooms, small, beach access and a pool.

• Thanks 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would also suggest the Wild Orchid. The times I have stayed there ( 2015/2016) they had special offers on standard rooms if you paid cash: 3,000 peso a night from memory. The pool-side rooms are more but very nice if you wish to splash-out (pun intended). JMO but I would not bother with the beach-side rooms which are across the road from the main hotel complex.

If you take a standard room ask if you can compare rooms since there is considerable variation in size.

I stayed in Subiza for a couple of nights when it was still Sheevens. It was OK but had too many niggling points against it: including the fact that my room opened onto a gallery that was a designated smoking area with people holding loud conversations late at night. Another niggling point with the room was the light switch was positioned such that one had to get out of bed to turn the light on or off: annoying if like me you like to read before sleeping.

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Thanks 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

IMHO, the pool at Wild Orchid is better the beach.  At least you can play in the water.  The beach is not that nice, and there are peddlers in your face trying to sell you stuff.

• Thanks 1