Dog laws

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

When we had our new puppy neutered, it didn't cost anything at the local town vet office

Wow that is great.  That is the first I have heard of a program like that.  I wonder how many other communities have programs like this?  Wonderful that you gave a donation. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I think that more public education on the part of local governments would get the importance of being proactive about animal control and protection is necessary. Not sure if this will happen over time though.

You are most likely correct in both statements.  Public education like PSA, (Public Service Announcements),  would be well served in many other issues around the Philippines.  The small funds used for the PSA could really help the general public improve their own country at little cost.  I must be getting old because I never thought much of the PSA years ago.

• Thanks 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Wow that is great.  That is the first I have heard of a program like that.  I wonder how many other communities have programs like this?  Wonderful that you gave a donation. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike. I can't speak for other provincial towns in Cebu, but would think that this might be done in others with local funding. Our puppy is a male, and in our town the vet said that they only have the capability to neuter male dogs, and so are not spaying female ones, so that is still an issue here I would think. In Cebu City,  programs to help pets and dog owners are starting to be seen in Cebu City. Here's an article that I found about such a program. I would think that in closer quarters population wise, the need to protect animals and citizens is even more pressing. Private vet offices are also now offering some low/reduced costs for spaying and neutering among very needy pet owners.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2017/07/03/1715970/cebu-city-vet-conducts-free-sterilization-pets-and-strays

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Dumaguete City Vets hold a  6 monthly (Free)  neuter and Spaying programme in Quezon Park Bandstand + anti rabies deworming and parvo shots. they also do a roaming Barangay anti rabies  programme at certain times of the year.

I do think that the Authorities are taking things a little more responsibly now in that prevention is better (Cheaper) that cure :smile:

I will add, that cats too come under these programmes

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 3