Everydays a holiday

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Life as a expat , is everyday a holiday for you i wonder.

Some times you hear that some folk dont have a spare minute once they have retired but could that be because of housework and other chores they have to do each day now they do have the spare time to do these.

I do know a few folk who have retired but they get themselves into some sort of routine like having to go for there morning walk at a certain time and do the same walk no matter what the weather, plus shopping at the same time and same place and for the same goods, nip her and nip there to save a few pence , i must add these folk are retired here in England and Spain.

It does seem like there lives are controlled just like mine but with mine its work and theirs well its either pleasure or leisure or routine, is it a case we all need some sort of routine to make they day go by.

Looking forward to retirement or could it be a case of looking forward to a new unpaid job

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Looking forward to retirement or could it be a case of looking forward to a new unpaid job

:shock_40_anim_gif: Steve, there will be days that you will wonder how you had the time to go to Work at all :whistling: believe me :89: Now I am off to walk the Dog :smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Life is all about choices Steve you have free will to do as you like.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

Retirement is a never ending life of eating out travelling to SMs shopping. Changing curtains, moving the furniture, playing on the tablet, and watching downloaded movies,tv shows. Oh lets not forget sitting on the balcony in my rocking chair watching the fishermen in the bay while drinking cold beers

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mga gawaing bahay........It depends on what time you get up as to what time you finish, then the rest of the day is yours.

image.jpeg

Edited by Kuya John
photo added
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't say life is a holiday here, a holiday is getting away somewhere/doing something other than the daily norm. Mostly life here is just living a normal retirement in a more  agreeable environment. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

For me wherever I am it's as if I'm on holiday, first gotta see the tourist stuff,  then chat with the folks around where I am most times agreeing that the visitors are good for the $$ but bad  for us natives.

But that was when I was not retried too.

It is hard to supervise the wife's time between work and clean the house and laundry, mowing, taking out the trash and whatever and sill have time for my nap now that I'm home more.

All-in-all it is tough to be retired but we must try our best.........or will be hit by one of those objects that fly through the air after some of our more useful suggestions.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2