stevewool
Posted
Posted

Very nice, next time put sunglasses on the drone:smile:

• Like 2

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Great ideal, nice place Paul, maybe you had a few to many beers before making that video? Your property looks very nice.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

That was fun to watch, you have a lovely home Paul.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Ako gusto!  Just right.... not too big a structure with lots of outside and semi-outside living space.  That's more important than most temperate climate expats may realize.

Having lived in several concrete apts.,  a gated community duplex, a bizzare roof  top mix of upper story house with a nipa roof add-on bedroom and kitchen on the high terrace, I noticed that my wife really prefers to spend most of her time outside of  concrete walls when possible.   I too, from many years experience, need at least the illusion of such, since I spend a very large part of my day at my desk/table.  So when I was away and she wanted to remodel, I once again gave her free rein and entrusted her to make it comfortable for us. She expanded her ground level terrace kitchen and eating area where she spends most of her day... semi-outside and can gaze at the  tiny lawn, fruit trees, flowers and veggie garden while cooking, doing laundry, having neighbors visit, etc. Then she rebuild the second story into larger replacement bedroom with an additional second story CR. provided heavy-duty screened windows w/shutters (no glass... no need to keep heated or cooled air inside while letting in light ) and a 4 foot roofed and railed veranda w/ reading rocking chair that went around the shady N. side and E. side where she puts out the bedding in the sun every morn. Now I also sort of live 'outside' in a way. most of the day since I  can see treetops, rooftops, grazing carabao   and rice fields from my writing desk and read outside on the breezy, shaded deck. 

The reason I mention this is I have an entirely reverse attitude while in cold, snow country where I deeply value those protective and sheltering 10 " walls and multi-glazed windows. For me the best part of living here is being to live outside of temperature controlled rooms. Having open space and greenery around these houses is really nice for those of us fortunate to be able to have it thus. Most of my adjacent neighborhoods are densely packed, cheek to jowl, houses on tiny lots which the owners almost are forced to use every square meter of, and need sun/rain roofing over most of the property footprint.

That's why I like seeing places like Paul's here designed for a lot of outside living.   Thank you Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted

i think you need to work on your flying and camera skills - i know it's not easy piloting drones. no need for the lens flare filter either. get more practise in so you pan slower and people have time to absorb what they're seeing. nice looking place though.

PaulB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DirkSquirrel said:

i think you need to work on your flying and camera skills - i know it's not easy piloting drones. no need for the lens flare filter either. get more practise in so you pan slower and people have time to absorb what they're seeing. nice looking place though.

Not to add don't drink 15 San Big lights first. You should have seen my driving!!

• Like 3

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted (edited)

san mig light is for girls. drinking and droning will be illegal soon in a lot of countries. probably still safe doing it here though. since you have children, you may want to be careful. the effect a drone has on the human body is similar to a blender. there's a thought to sober you up. 

Edited by DirkSquirrel

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Members

I have edited the video so no Sun glare. Enjoy!video-1515164622.mp4