Safety for Pil-Am Kids?

ALEMAN
Posted
Posted

We are in the States now, but planning on returning for good. Maybe. I am an Immigrant in the RP, so it is my home.

Last time we were there though, lots of people were telling me to NEVER bring my children out of the home, as they will be abducted.

I got this all the time when I went out. Like, you can't take your kids out anywhere?

Organs harvesting, sex videos, or, just to be raised by someone and they can pretend they are their own.

Anyone have any input on this?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

OK, seriously just who are these "lots of people" telling you your children will be abducted and worst?  I've never ever heard once case of a foreigner child abducted unless by a parent in a custodial dispute. If the parent is Filipino they have all the rights the Foreigner parent has none.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ALEMAN
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Old55 said:

OK, seriously just who are these "lots of people" telling you your children will be abducted and worst?  I've never ever heard once case of a foreigner child abducted unless by a parent in a custodial dispute. If the parent is Filipino they have all the rights the Foreigner parent has none.

People. People at SM. People on the street. Just random strangers always came up to me and said "Is that your child? You should not take them outside. Someone will want to take them as their own child. Just to warn you."

It was rather unsettling.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Honestly there is very little risk your child will be abducted although no good parent would not let them wander around unattended. In 1998 I visited rural Southern Leyte with my seven year old blond blue eyed boy. He was the talk of the small towns we stayed at lots of friendly smiles and nice comments. Both my younger son's had similar reactions but always respectful and kind.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, ALEMAN said:

We are in the States now, but planning on returning for good. Maybe. I am an Immigrant in the RP, so it is my home.

Last time we were there though, lots of people were telling me to NEVER bring my children out of the home, as they will be abducted.

I got this all the time when I went out. Like, you can't take your kids out anywhere?

Organs harvesting, sex videos, or, just to be raised by someone and they can pretend they are their own.

Anyone have any input on this?

Lots of kids lying in the street dead with their body cut open and organs missing. You get used to it after awhile. :smile:

24 minutes ago, ALEMAN said:

People. People at SM. People on the street. Just random strangers always came up to me and said "Is that your child? You should not take them outside. Someone will want to take them as their own child. Just to warn you."

Seems strange people would approach you ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Maybe this poster has knowledge we don't, all foreign children I've seen over there are pampered by the PI's, rich or poor. :SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, ALEMAN said:

Specifically, where did you have this experience?

ALEMAN
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Lots of kids lying in the street dead with their body cut open and organs missing. You get used to it after awhile. :smile:

Seems strange people would approach you ?

I don't think I could ever get used to it.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

OK I found this on Google.

in 2011 there were 24 kidnapping incidents in the Philippines.  In 2010 there were 41 cases.  So, at worst case, the number of kidnappings in the Philippines were only 10% of USA kidnappings of children.  The population of the Philippines is about 1/3 of the US population, so on a per capita basis, kidnapping in the USA is more than 3 times more rampant than in the Philippines.  And, I am really figuring this in a way that is in the favor of the US, because the 41 (2010) kidnapping cases are all kidnapping cases (adult and children) and the USA figures are only for children..

I know these are old figures but it does make you think.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Sorry but I would really like to see the figures of just KIDS missing here in the PI not just Fil-Ams, Just now we are missing a 4 year old Local Barangay Child :whistling:

• Like 1