Moody Blue has to Go Now

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Ray Thomas of the Moody Blues has sadly passed away aged 76. He had been suffering from prostate cancer for a number of years, however cause of death has not been confirmed.

Ray was a founding member and songwriter, he was the vocalist and flautist with the band.

The Moody Blues are due to go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. This accolade he will now sadly miss.

RIP 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

"If you got to go.....go now"  RIP..... Go Now - The Moody Blues - YouTube

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
embedded video
  • Like 2

strap
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, I was sad to hear that. I've been a Moody Blues fan since high school in the 70's, and have seen them in concert several times. This one hit me harder than most celebrity deaths I read about. It felt like somebody I knew.

Edited by strap
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, strap said:

Yes, I was sad to hear that. I've been a Moody Blues fan since high school in the 70's, and have seen them in concert several times. This one hit me harder than most celebrity deaths I read about. It felt like somebody I knew.

A friend posted this cover of "Nights In White Satin" and I thought it was quite good.  Brought back memories of listening to it on head phones way back when.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

My favorite all time band. I saw them live about 10 or 12 years ago and they were better than ever. Sad, RIP Ray.