Integration! (has some drawbacks? )

intrepid
Posted
Posted

So this has also got me thinking.  We have a twelve year old daughter, and I'm sure others here have sons and daughters also.  Well, mine has many friends in her group and at birthday and other times they enjoy a sleep over type party when no school the next day.  The kids are fetched somewhere around noon time.  We are friends with all the parents and know that matters little if a neighbor or someone wanted to start trouble.  My wife sometimes likes to get out early to do some shopping and for the lunch.  I now feel I have to tell her NO GO until the last child leaves or our daughter can no longer have friends sleepover.  Just doesn't seem fair.  But then again, many things in life are not fair.:89:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have to stop my daughters friends coming in when no local adult is here for all the reasons stated above.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: How odd, Yesterday i was quite busy (Hmmm  :whistling:) so I altered my routine accordingly, to my surprise when I went out (Later than normal) 2 or 3 of the kids and a couple of Parents noted and said, OH! we missed you and Cooper (My small dog) up and down the Road today and you are later than usual here for your medicine:smile:. Just goes to show that they know who we are and Should anything ever go wrong (Problems, illness when Azon is not at home) they know exactly where I am and or am normally. Kind of nice feeling really, At least I am fairly safe at home so maybe I worry too much but will remain vigilant. After Last years attempted Robbery (Breakin) I now keep the gates locked when there is no one home and that was a lesson learned but as we say, we do live and learn even though we may be getting older

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Then way I see it the more this is publicised outside of these forums the more potential scammers will appear out of the woodwork and the more dangerous it will be for foreigners.:whistling:

I had the experience of something similar when serving in Canada. A local girl took a dislike to one of the lads as he put her in her place. She let slip to me she was going to put a sexual assault charge against him. She said her friend will back her up that he put his arm around her waist. I had to explain how serious a sexual assault charge would be to his career and the difference between how it's looked at in Canada compared to the UK.

• Like 5

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I had the experience of something similar when serving in Canada. A local girl took a dislike to one of the lads as he put her in her place. She let slip to me she was going to put a sexual assault charge against him. She said her friend will back her up that he put his arm around her waist. I had to explain how serious a sexual assault charge would be to his career and the difference between how it's looked at in Canada compared to the UK.

Men have always been vulnerable in a situation where it is their word against hers. My grandfather would never enter a compartment on a train if the only occupant was a woman.

Sorry Fred Drift.

To go back to the original point, on several occasions when staying with a family in the Philippines one of the pre-teen daughters has been sent out with me to act as a guide and translator. Other times I have taken children to the beach. It's sad comment on the times that such innocent behaviour could lead to major problems if someone holds a grudge (perhaps not even directly against me but against the family).

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

What a few of these posts have written, it is not only in the PI's that a bloke has to be careful, sadly it's the world over because of mongrels that need newting. Sorry kids if you read this, but your parents might be able to explain why you can't stay alone with older people you like and trust. :thumbsup: