A question for 13a Visa Holders,Annual reporting 2018

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/4/2018 at 1:29 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what puzzles me. From what I read anyone with an Alien from Mars card has to do the annual report and not just 13a holders. Can anyone confirm ? 

I think any resident visa has to do it.  All the 13 visas (there are several), the 9 's (students, etc).

Tourist visa and ACR card, no.  You report in a minimum of every six months anyway.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/30/2017 at 4:41 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I found a different Annual Report page on the BI site.... it did not have that link... but did you notice the page it links to says it is for the 2015 annual report?  They are so good at keeping their site up to date ha ha

I reads kind of like you only have to do it once, and I did it last year, but I am not sure.  I will probably fill it out anyway.

Tuka, can you post the link you used and that I should use?  Is there one specific to 2018?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Tourist visa and ACR card, no.  You report in a minimum of every six months anyway.

Still unclear as it says everyone who is a  registered alien. I have a card like most on tourist visa as you get that after 59 days if memory serves me correct. I have not long ago renewed my ACR tourist card. Wish they make things more clear. :89:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Tuka, can you post the link you used and that I should use?  Is there one specific to 2018?

I read that you only have to do it once, but I am not sure. You know how rules are here.  Here is the encoding link I used. It says it is for 2015... so....

https://vua.immigration.gov.ph/Home.aspx

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Still unclear as it says everyone who is a  registered alien. I have a card like most on tourist visa as you get that after 59 days if memory serves me correct. I have not long ago renewed my ACR tourist card. Wish they make things more clear. :89:

Of course it is unclear!

Anyway, I lied.  Well, not really.  Kinda.

On a tourist visa, they will ding you for the annual report fee when you extend your visa.  The proof is in the pudding.

During my 3 straight years on a tourist visa I was charged p300 annual report fee 3 times.

2/13/13 - Two month extension during the annual reporting period

2/6/14 - Two month extension during the annual reporting period

10/13/14 - Six month extension.  The extension overlaps the annual reporting period, so they charged me.  I was not due to report back to BI until before April 14th, 2015.

So if any of you have done a 6 month extension before the first of the year, look at your receipt and I'll bet (not much) that there is an annual report fee there.  If you do 1 or 2 month extensions, you will have to go during the reporting period and they will get you there.

On a tourist visa, as far as they know, your intent is to leave at some point but they don't know when, so they can't tell all ACR card tourists that they must report.  If the tourist is leaving the country in Jan or Feb, there is no need to report.

All clear as mud and perfectly logical, Filipino style!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

If you do 1 or 2 month extensions, you will have to go during the reporting period and they will get you there.

This where I am not sure because I get an agent to do mine as I hate places like immigration so will they just charge me P310 or expect to see me in person ?  My visa is due by the 20th of this month and they have my renewed ACR card still in their office.  Im guessing since the passport is getting an extension sticker they know I'm still here so probably just an extra cost.

:huh-huh:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This where I am not sure because I get an agent to do mine as I hate places like immigration so will they just charge me P310 or expect to see me in person ?  My visa is due by the 20th of this month and they have my renewed ACR card still in their office.  Im guessing since the passport is getting an extension sticker they know I'm still here so probably just an extra cost.

:huh-huh:

I don't think the agent will make a difference.  You should be fine.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just been to the BI in Dumaguete and here is what they require for permanent 13a holders.

Photocopies of the following.

1,PP bio page,last entry and exit stamp,13a visa stamp.

2,front and back ACR card.

3,last years receipt.

Obviously I would take originals as well because you never know.

Probationary  people will need all of the above and you have to fill out and get a printout of the online form to register.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

robationary  people will need all of the above and you have to fill out and get a printout of the online form to register.

Yes and immigration confirmed that this link is still the current online form. https://vua.immigration.gov.ph/

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have just been to the BI in Dumaguete and here is what they require for permanent 13a holders.

Photocopies of the following.

1,PP bio page,last entry and exit stamp,13a visa stamp.

2,front and back ACR card.

3,last years receipt.

Obviously I would take originals as well because you never know.

Probationary  people will need all of the above and you have to fill out and get a printout of the online form to register.

...and that is why we say your mileage may vary...

Here in Iloilo none of that was required (I had most of it with me, but no one looked at it). They checked my name off a list, I paid p310, they took my ACR card for a few minutes for some reason. They may or may not have made copies of it.  No passport, no last years receipt, and I provided no copies of anything. Nothing could have been simpler.  Funny how differently some offices are.  :tiphat:

• Like 3