Would Never Happen In Good Ol' USA!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yerah, no freaking way the cities, or school's, lawyers would let the kids ride that ladder ha ha.  Sure looks like fun, though :tiphat:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Nice photos. Looks like a nice outing. I concur, no way could you ride the ladder like that in the USA.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I guess you weren't the only one signing a liability waiver.  I would definitely sign one even for myself.  I have great respect for any first responders to head for disaster while others flee in the opposite direction.  

Perhaps next time a US Navy warship is in port, you can use your lovely daughter to bribe one of the senior female sailors to get on board for a nickel's tour.  Your daughter's sailor outfit is perfect for the occasion.  Thanks for sharing Don!  

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Wednesday my daughter's pre-school class had an outing to the Subic Bay Freeport main fire station.  My wife stayed at home and I went with her.  She got to ride in a fire truck, ride in a police truck, ride in an ambulance, and squirt a fire hose.  The highlight for us was when we both got to go up 3-4 stories on the ladder of the turntable ladder truck!  While the ladder was horizontal, we climbed up the little ladder on the back of the truck, then I carried my daughter while walking 40-50 feet on the flat ladder to the control basket.  They took six of us at a time, up to roof level of the Mansion Garden hotel next door, then swivel over towards the hotel.

In the U.S., if you were ever allowed to do this, the lawyer's would be swarming in for the kill.  Here, I signed a waiver and that was it.

Here are some pictures.

P1000520_(2).JPG P1000534_(2).JPGP1000555 (2).JPG

P1000546_(2).JPG  P1000558 (2).JPG

Going up high on the ladder truck!

P1000561_(2).JPG  P1000562_(2).JPG

P1000567_(2).JPG  P1000568_(2).JPG

I live in Florida and my son has done all of that on more than 1 occasion. Plus they even showed for the birthday party of a friend's 5 yo son. Uniforms, big red truck, the whole 9 yards.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I live in Florida and my son has done all of that on more than 1 occasion. Plus they even showed for the birthday party of a friend's 5 yo son. Uniforms, big red truck, the whole 9 yards.

Sorry, I wasn't perfectly clear.  I meant just the ladder part would never happen in the U.S.  I know that fire station visits and even the birthday visits are common in the U.S.  My great great nephew had the birthday visit a few years ago.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

After I read your title, the first thing that came to my mind was "oh, here we go again, another expat complaining about conditions in the Philippines"... this ended up to be a very pleasant surprise.  Your daughter got to do something I have never done in my 56 years of existence.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Great photos, thanks or sharing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1