Update for getting a 59 day tourist visa at NAIA

bows00
Posted
Posted

I just got my 59 day Visa by visiting the Philippine Consulate office here in Hawaii and paid only $30 (~1500 Peso).  The only inconvenience was that I had to return the next day to pick up my passport (with the visa inserted).  I got it before my trip because I didn't want to take any chances.  

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bows00 said:

I got it before my trip because I didn't want to take any chances.  

What chances would you be taking? :89: 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gator said:

Upon entering the immigration area it’s located at the far end, off to the right of the booths (pair of grey double doors)

That depends on which terminal you arrive at.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What chances would you be taking?

I was unsure of the visa process.  i guess it stems from my lack of experience in this area.  i didn't want to take the chance of being denied on the plane without it.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

I was unsure of the visa process.  i guess it stems from my lack of experience in this area.  i didn't want to take the chance of being denied on the plane without it.  

Simple.

Its common Knowledge that one must have an onward ticket. Nothing more but onward to any country in the world and no it does not have to be dated within the 30 days so no matter which airline you are using you are good to go. 

• 1 month later...
Freebie
Posted
Posted

I arrived in PAL terminal the other day. Asked if I could get the 59 visa, and the lady superviro said " do u have 203 hours to wait " ?  I replied that it used to be no more than 15 minutes previously. She stated it was now 2.3 hours and said if i was staying in Makati I should just do it there rather in airport. Seems they arent interested to process in that terminal any more

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Freebie said:

I arrived in PAL terminal the other day. Asked if I could get the 59 visa, and the lady superviro said " do u have 203 hours to wait " ?  I replied that it used to be no more than 15 minutes previously. She stated it was now 2.3 hours and said if i was staying in Makati I should just do it there rather in airport. Seems they arent interested to process in that terminal any more

2.3 hours? Maybe they were on their lunch break LOL... or perhaps 'the' person that processes the paperwork that shift was off that day and the next shift started in 2 hours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes, when I arrived at terminal 1 on Feb 14 I was told the process would take 2 to 3 hours, on the previous trip in I was told the computer was down and so couldn't be done.

• Like 1