Flying from Dumaguete to Manila

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I will be doing this on Thursday this week.They have told me to be at Dumaguete 2 hours before the flight.As some members on here have done this I am wondering if I need to be 2  or would 1 hour do for this domestic flight.I will be alone and don`t want to get lonely or taken advantage of.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Everytime I have gone 1 hour seems more than plenty. Last time was September 2017.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Everytime I have gone 1 hour seems more than plenty. Last time was September 2017.

Agreed.  Although the 1 hour often turns to 2 as the plane is often late.  This happens because it is coming from Manila to start with and often has to wait in line for take off for half an hour or more, so a one hour flight from Manila to Dumaguete often turns into 2.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

And I get the ecc in terminal 3 or can I get it at 2.I arrive from Dumaguete to 3 and fly out from 2.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

And I get the ecc in terminal 3 or can I get it at 2.I arrive from Dumaguete to 3 and fly out from 2.

Terminal 2 on the way to the international gates . When you get to immigration ask the guard which is the cashier so you can pay for your ECC. Took me about an extra 3 minutes when I went through last time.

Can anyone answer this question for Cebu airport? We are flying Duma to Cebu on the way to Singapore. I have not been to Mactan before and will need to pay travel tax for my wife (need directions), then ECC for me (need directions). Or I can start another thread if Dave the Great barks those orders LOL.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Terminal 2 on the way to the international gates . When you get to immigration ask the guard which is the cashier so you can pay for your ECC. Took me about an extra 3 minutes when I went through last time.

Can anyone answer this question for Cebu airport? We are flying Duma to Cebu on the way to Singapore. I have not been to Mactan before and will need to pay travel tax for my wife (need directions), then ECC for me (need directions). Or I can start another thread if Dave the Great barks those orders LOL.

They will tell you when you get there it is a small airport so it is really easy to find.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Simple.

Its common Knowledge that one must have an onward ticket. Nothing more but onward to any country in the world and no it does not have to be dated within the 30 days so no matter which airline you are using you are good to go. 

Really?  Thanks for the info, but to me, there is still a risk that is not worth taking.  

To get an extension greater than 30 days, it is my understanding of the requirements that a financial check has to be done on the visitor.  This is to ensure he/she will not be a financial burden to the Philippines.   To obtain a 59 day visa, I had a to provide my most recent bank statement to the consulate.  

How does a visitor get around this by just purchasing a ticket out of the country?  

This may be common practice by the airlines.  But I would not label this as "Common Knowledge".    

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bows00 said:

But I would not label this as "Common Knowledge".

Sorry Bows but it is to those that have been here for up to 3 years on extensions with the onward ticket date Looooong gone.

A Little addition to this, the Onward Ticket is for ENTRY only to the PI after that we are given a chance to stay for up to 3 years on Extensions, to my knowledge I have never heard anyone say that BI asked for Proof of Onward tickets whilst Doing an Extension, Anyone Else?

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, bows00 said:

To get an extension greater than 30 days, it is my understanding of the requirements that a financial check has to be done on the visitor.  This is to ensure he/she will not be a financial burden to the Philippines.   To obtain a 59 day visa, I had a to provide my most recent bank statement to the consulate.  

How does a visitor get around this by just purchasing a ticket out of the country?  

This may be common practice by the airlines.  But I would not label this as "Common Knowledge".

Its common knowledge for anyone who has been a member of a forum like this for awhile. Lots of topics on this. While here you just extend before the 30 days is up. You can do this for 3 years. You must have an onward ticket and the airlines are meant to be the first to check that. As for financial proof, maybe only if you are getting the visa in your own country but not while you are here or at any extension. Are you comming for a vacation or to live here? 

To add "How does a visitor get around this by just purchasing a ticket out of the country?" As an American as with many countries you do not need a visa to come to the Philippines. You will get the first 30 days free as a visa waiver.  

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

I would not label this as "Common Knowledge".

Its common knowledge to the check in clerk when you try to board the plane to come to Philippines.  Its why you cannot check in on line and print your own boarding pass when coming here.  The check in clerk wants to see your papers please.

• Like 3