Wanna Start Learning Cebuano?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Yet they moan at us because we don't try, Is there any wonder? :whistling: 

When my wife asks me why it is I can speak some Chinese but not her language I’m going with what Jack said from now on. My old reply was “that’s why I have you for Dear”. 

She found some old pictures 🔥so I’ll never hear the end of that remainder of my life. Sorry off topic.🙊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 1/26/2018 at 5:48 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Take the words you believe are incorrect, left click and drag your mouse to highlight them.  Then right click and choose "Search Google for" and you will find that they are all correct words:  BUT they may be correct in Camotes (for example) but not in Dumaguete (for example).

I know your man comes from the Borbon area as does my lady.  When my lady came to Dumaguete she found a lot of Bisaya words that are used here and not there.  That does not make 1/4 of the list incorrect for all Bisaya speakers.  What it does is illustrate that even the locals do not know all of their own language.

Sota like you Brits and proper mid-west English

• Haha 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have friends who grew up in different parts of Davao City who sometimes don't understand each other!