Near Death Experiences in the PI.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Not my near death how ever a near  death. In car on the la castellana  La carlota  road, noticeded group of kids on rioad side chatting. Doing  I guess 80km, suddenly without warning a kid runs across road, was over before hit brakes. For sure thought I had hit him, even  no thump.

Nothing could of been done, some how missed him, stopped kids gone. Seem recall  reading regardless of circumstances driver is guilty, not sure penalty but gona be costly.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just of late I am finding it difficult to return home from whenever I have been  without seeing a near death incident or should I say, a near death "looking to happen" :89:

• Like 2

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
On 1/27/2018 at 3:20 PM, intrepid said:

That's when the driver behind said, he should have had his brakes serviced after his last accident! 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

DavidK
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2018 at 12:08 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sure hope it was posted as 80 km.  A lot of Philippine roads are not posted and the max speed on most unposted roads is 40 kph.  Here is the chart and the link.  Of course everyone goes faster, that is why they are in the wrong if they hit anything/anyone

Speed.jpg

They have speed limits? Who knew? :mocking: (Except the SRP). Don't think I ever get past 80 kph in and around Cebu City and mostly it's not over 60 kph as it just doesn't feel safe given the propensity for unsignalled u-turns, sudden jeepney stops, erratically driven motorbikes, bicycles where they've no business to be, errant pedestrians, unlit vehicles of all types, suicidal dogs  and other inexplicable road hazards.  Road repairs without warning signs have become the latest favourite.........

• Like 5