Conversion From 13A Probationary to 13A PRV

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for tips in regards to getting my PRV Permanent Resident Visa after being on my 13A Probationary for almost a year.  My 13A probationary expires March 3.

I have downloaded the checklist for PRV:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/18Dec2015/BI FORM V-I-005-Rev 1.1.pdf

and I see there are a few differences from the probationary.  No issues there.

Questions:

1.  Timing - What is the latest time I should start the process, before March 3rd?  Yesterday?

2.  Location - The BI office function list is mess, as usual, and hard to understand.  I was hoping to do this at Angeles / Marquee mall, but it is not clear if I can do the PRV there.  Thoughts?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2017_Jul/2017Jun22_DirectoryOfTransaction.pdf

3.  Is an interview required, like the probationary?

Thanks!

Don

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

You need to start the process yesterday and yes they will conduct another interview.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Is this just going from probationary to permanent 13a?  I did mine recently, it was just as easy as the probationary.  The forms are a little different, but not much. Same interview as the probationary (they ask almost nothing). It took 3 weeks to get my NBI (same as for the temp 13a). The visa took almost 2 months to get approved by Manila, and my temp 13a expired, but they said it was no problem since I applied before it expired.  It only took 5 months to get my ACR ha ha.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Is this just going from probationary to permanent 13a?  I did mine recently, it was just as easy as the probationary.  The forms are a little different, but not much. Same interview as the probationary (they ask almost nothing). It took 3 weeks to get my NBI (same as for the temp 13a). The visa took almost 2 months to get approved by Manila, and my temp 13a expired, but they said it was no problem since I applied before it expired.  It only took 5 months to get my ACR ha ha.

so need to get another NBI for the permanent 13a?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, jimeve said:

so need to get another NBI for the permanent 13a?

Yes

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

It took 3 weeks to get my NBI (same as for the temp 13a).

My NBI took a little longer because there is a person wanted by the PNP with my name wanted for a series of crimes, one of which is homicide.  That my friends will put a pucker in your shorts that no amount of ironing is going to remove.  When they finally decided I was not "that guy" I asked them if this (hard copy of prints and interview by detectives) was something I would have to go through again if I needed another NBI.  Their answer was "Yes".  :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

When they finally decided I was not "that guy" I asked them if this (hard copy of prints and interview by detectives) was something I would have to go through again if I needed another NBI.  Their answer was "Yes".  :571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

Had the same BUT I did an "Affidavit" of Denial and the Halls of Justice, Next NBI was just Fingerprints ( All foreigners have to do a hard set)

The File showed my Affidavit so no Interview, as always YMMV :smile:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Had the same BUT I did an "Affidavit" of Denial and the Halls of Justice, Next NBI was just Fingerprints ( All foreigners have to do a hard set)

I would be interested in the details of how you did this.  PM is okay but other members may also be interested.  Thanks in advance.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

I would be interested in the details of how you did this.  PM is okay but other members may also be interested.  Thanks in advance.

The NBI will give you the HIT details, This you take to the halls of Justice, Find the Provincial Prosecutors Office  ( sometimes the City Prosecutor will do it) they will type out your Denial Statement and then you swear it and so you get an Affidavit That is accepted by the NBI. This is a FREE and I mean a FREE service. Sometimes the Law can and does work in our Favour :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anybody ever got the NBI Quick Renewal to work?  I tried it and it gives a message that it is being upgraded.

Screenshot (129).png