Conversion From 13A Probationary to 13A PRV

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'll post a few tips I have learned in the past few days, here, and then open a new thread with more on my current 13a Permanent process.

1.  I started the process late.  Don't do that.  Start early for a more stress-free experience.  Due to the time for the new NBI clearance, I would suggest starting the NBI clearance at least 3 months before your 13a probationary expires, and submit your BI paperwork as soon as it is ready.

2.  It might be possible to expedite the NBI clearance at some offices, but don't rely on that.  I submitted for mine on January 31, and I was told 25-30 working days.  At the suggestion of BI, went back with my wife yesterday, the 7th, and she explained the visa situation.  We were able to get expedited processing and get it right away.  YMMV.

3.  The list of BI office transaction capability is not reliable.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2017_Jul/2017Jun22_DirectoryOfTransaction.pdf

I think it does meet ISO 2000 BC requirements.

My wife called offices near us and found that the Balanga City office does do 13A including amendment to permanent, but that is not reflected on the list.  Our other option was Marquee Mall BI in Angeles, but we decided to try Balanga City after my wife spoke to the staff there by phone.

More on the Balanga City BI in another thread.