Tourist visa getting harder?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Went to extend my tourist visa today, currently been here 11 months. They called me in for a little interview and started talking like I'm a criminal and saying I should be on a different visa. Ended up giving me the 2 month visa but said they wouldn't issue me another one at that office. Anyone had similar issues? I thought you were allowed 3 years with no issues?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

What city/office was it? I have heard of this, and finally met someone who had it happen.  Here in Iloilo, a guy that has been here 8 months was told he has overstayed his welcome. Not those exact words, they said he should get married and get a 13a.  But he said as soon as he agreed to pay the Express Fee... they renewed his visa.

I am on a 13a so I have no first hand experience with it. :tiphat:

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

lol Iloilo

Complete dick heads in there. I was literally shaking with rage but behaving myself, my girlfriend was much worse. She's messaging the BIR on facebook now to confirm the rules and Raffy Tulfo(lol).
She was pretty much calling me a tax dodger aswell when I just work online with all my income coming from sales in the UK, I had to educate her that even if I was a permanent resident I'd pay no tax on foreign earnings.
Will go and get her name and report her if they say that she was wrong.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Complete dick heads in there. I was literally shaking with rage but behaving myself, my girlfriend was much worse. She's messaging the BIR on facebook now to confirm the rules and Raffy Tulfo(lol).
She was pretty much calling me a tax dodger aswell when I just work online with all my income coming from sales in the UK, I had to educate her that even if I was a permanent resident I'd pay no tax on foreign earnings.

You need to check for the latest tax rules for Philippine citizens and permanent residents. I had heard the Philippines was to adopt rules similar to the United States wherein your worldwide income would be taxable irregardless of where it is earned. Don't know if such a rule has been implemented. 

• Hmm thinking 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

If you do report them where will you do your next extension,just a thought. 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

You need to check for the latest tax rules for Philippine citizens and permanent residents. I had heard the Philippines was to adopt rules similar to the United States wherein your worldwide income would be taxable irregardless of where it is earned. Don't know if such a rule has been implemented. 

Not only US, or PI's, Australia is also chasing people earning money worldwide then taxing them here in Aus, tax havens are just about a thing of the past. :4617: Pay your taxes so us pensioners can get an increase. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Pick your battles.  The one that replaces her could be worse and will Definitely have your name on a list that says "give this guy a hard time"

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Went to extend my tourist visa today, currently been here 11 months. They called me in for a little interview and started talking like I'm a criminal and saying I should be on a different visa. Ended up giving me the 2 month visa but said they wouldn't issue me another one at that office. Anyone had similar issues? I thought you were allowed 3 years with no issues?

Kinda sounds to me like a Working on a Tourist Visa issue vs a Tourist Visa issue. Maybe you should retire (occupation retired) and take up selling in the UK as a hobby?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

talking like I'm a criminal and saying I should be on a different visa.

Did they (She) happen to quote a visa for you to apply for? Maybe on this I agree with Steve (Always Right)

3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Kinda sounds to me like a Working on a Tourist Visa issue vs a Tourist Visa issue.