Posted
30 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

easier done than said.. its d fils   ;)

:89: Referring to what may I ask?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lobojohn said:

save your money and headaches and get a permanent visa fellas... cheaper and easier in the long run and it doesnt affect your citizenship.

Yes... if you are married. If not, the generous 3 years of tourist extensions is pretty handy. (I am on a 13a, but not everyone is married)   :tiphat:

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Actually not true.  In your own country, USA, there are Canadian tourists who go there as tourists for 6 months a year, every year, legally, and never see the whole country.  In fact most Americans haven't seen their whole country in an entire lifetime.

Point is that the Philippines is extremely generous in their tourist policy and, whereas the Americans make us Canadians go home every 6 months, the Philippines says "Stay for 3 years and then come again if you like".

Canadians do not need a visa to visit the US for 6 months. They are also part of the WHTI. The US is also 40 times the size of the RP. Yes, the point is that the Philippines is very generous. I think the new President is taking steps to make foreigners respect that. Sending home loads of foreigners at NAIA for being rude is interesting. Just hope none of it is a result of a cultural barrier.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave didn’t say Canadan citizens need a visa to visit USA. He would know because he is Canadian.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

Canadians do not need a visa to visit the US for 6 months

No but they must not stay more than six months at a time.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 5/16/2018 at 7:23 AM, lobojohn said:

save your money and headaches and get a permanent visa fellas... cheaper and easier in the long run and it doesnt affect your citizenship.

Since I am married now, I wonder how I would do that? Is it the same as balikbayan? I'll be traveling to Ph next Friday. Last few times was tourist visa with the renewal just before 30 days.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Since I am married now, I wonder how I would do that? Is it the same as balikbayan? I'll be traveling to Ph next Friday. Last few times was tourist visa with the renewal just before 30 days.

Is your wife with you? If not no, you will be entering as a tourist. If you apply for a 13a from your own country you have left it to late this time. 

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is your wife with you? If not no, you will be entering as a tourist. If you apply for a 13a from your own country you have left it to late this time. 

She will be with me. Is the 13a the balikbayan?

Edited by Reboot

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Reboot said:

She will be with me. Is the 13a the balikbayan?

No,it's just a Balikbayan privilege good for one year. Just make sure you have your marriage certificate and let her in front of you to ask for the privilege. 

13a is a visa that is a more permanent thing that you go through more crap to get but I am not sure what you are doing or how long you are staying? Best to just get  Balikbayan and if you are going to live here do the rest before the one year is up. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-previlege

• Like 1