My First Month into Retirement.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Today, I am catching a Ferry in the Philippines for the first time, and I am off to Bohol.

Good to see someone who actually travels around to see what is available in Philippines before wisely choosing a place to call home.  Good luck with your Bohol trip.  Hope you give us more of your outstanding reviews as your journeys continue.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Today, I am catching a Ferry in the Philippines for the first time, and I am off to Bohol.  Several Dumaguete expats have warned me that I will easily get bored there.. oh well, we shall see..

Would you have more fun sharing the adventure with a companion? 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Several Dumaguete expats have warned me that I will easily get bored there.. oh well, we shall see..

Scratching Head.jpg Only those that have no inspiration no doubt. Everything new should be an experience, Don't you think? :smile: 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We did the trip from Dumaguete to Bohol and outside of Tagbilaran is pretty sleepy, I liked the ambience of Bohol.

bows00
Posted
Posted

Upon un-boarding the ferry, my first impressions of Bohol is that it is another step back into time.  From BGC to Dumaguete, and now Tagbilaran is a refreshing digression from modern western ameneities.  And the scenery gets greener and greener as I make my way from Tagbilaran to Aiona.  

Unfortunately, after spending just one afternoon in Aiona, I can see it is just another tourist trap.  i may be a mistake choosing to spend my next four days here.... and I have decided NOT to rent a scooter to see the rest of the island - I just witnessed  a horrific scooter accident in Dumaguete where NO ONE wears a helmet there.  

Any suggestions on any restaurants and Bohol tourist attractions will be appreciated - but hurry, I have only 3 days left...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

, my first impressions of Bohol is that it is another step back into time.

Try Siquijor next, That still lives in last century too but you will love it :smile:

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Not sure if it is the right time of year but there is a resort on the east coast of the island that arranges boat trips to see/swim with/dive with/ whale sharks if that is your thing.

https://bluestardive.com/

Ken

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'm following a vlog on you tube at the moment ,it's a Scottish guy who has not been in the Phil's long and is moving around looking for a spot to retire in 

I'm enjoying your posts on your retirement adventures

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We hired a tour from the hotel we were staying in. A guided tour of the verious tourist spots, chocolate hills was ok but the best was the river cruise with lunch on the Lomboc river.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2