ECC 6-12 month stay on Visitor Visa Update

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sitting in NAIA Terminal 3 waiting to board my flight to Singapore. Been in country 9 1/2 months this trip. Entered immigration for international flights, and straight to the cashier (furthest window to the right). Handed him my passport, ACR card, boarding pass,  and told him I needed to pay for my ECC. 3 minutes and 1,210 pesos later I was done. Sent me to the crew immigration window, again no waiting. Got ECC and cleared immigration in 5 minutes. Smooth as silk once again.

How much was the exit clearance I paid 2880 at Naia the other week.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I paid 2880 at Naia the other week.

You married guys have to pay more :hystery:  Its the truth.  Even though AlwaysRt is married, he travels on a tourist visa so they do not soak him the extra fee.  Well they do soak him express fee as the actual tourist visa ECC without express fee is about 500 less than that at J Mall Cebu BI office.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You married guys have to pay more :hystery:  Its the truth.  Even though AlwaysRt is married, he travels on a tourist visa so they do not soak him the extra fee.  Well they do soak him express fee as the actual tourist visa ECC without express fee is about 500 less than that at J Mall Cebu BI office.

How much would it cost to go to cebu and how long would I have to wait.I only paid 500 last time I left but I lived on Cebu then.My exit tax and terminal fee were in with the ticket price so I am trying to work how much they have(if at all) fleeced me of.I suppose they will get you one way or another.OH well another day in the Philippines haha.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Good information on the ECC.  This April will be our first exit after moving here almost two years ago.  I am glad to hear the EEC can be taken care of at the terminal now and hopefully we can have a good experience as AlwaysRt.  What I am not clear on is the amount we will have to pay.  I'm on 13A visa and my wife and daughter both dual citizens.  Anyone know the breakdown what each of us should be paying?  I'm sure my wife will bring enough but I don't want her carrying more than necessary.  I guess it's too much to expect BI to take a credit card.  But I will ask just out of curiosity.:89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, intrepid said:

This April will be our first exit after moving here almost two years ago.  I am glad to hear the EEC can be taken care of at the terminal now and hopefully we can have a good experience as AlwaysRt.  What I am not clear on is the amount we will have to pay.  I'm on 13A visa and my wife and daughter both dual citizens. 

Just to be clear.  You are on a 13a so your ECC can be taken care of at the airport.  Tourists must get it at certain BI offices after 1 year.  I cannot say what dual citizens will pay but I have never seen them take a credit or debit card at the airport tax booth so bring cash.  Kevin paid 2880 so, if I were you, to be safe I'g bring 9K pesos in cash for the 3 of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just to be clear.  You are on a 13a so your ECC can be taken care of at the airport.  Tourists must get it at certain BI offices after 1 year.  I cannot say what dual citizens will pay but I have never seen them take a credit or debit card at the airport tax booth so bring cash.  Kevin paid 2880 so, if I were you, to be safe I'g bring 9K pesos in cash for the 3 of you.

Yes, I am on a 13A permanent.  Again that is good news I can do everything at the airport.  Although it does not effect me, that is interesting info about those on tourists visas.  As for the duals, maybe OMW will chime in,  are his daughters dual and they traveled recently.  We will take cash as you recommend but I will ask about the CC while there.     Thanks Dave 

Edited by intrepid
spelling

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My wife is dual and she travel in on her UK passport so gets a BB good for one year, on leaving again no travel tax. if she entered on her PH passport she would have to pay travel tax on exit or apply for an exemption, cheap but wastes a day.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 08/02/2018 at 6:54 PM, Gary D said:

My wife is dual and she travel in on her UK passport so gets a BB good for one year, on leaving again no travel tax. if she entered on her PH passport she would have to pay travel tax on exit or apply for an exemption, cheap but wastes a day.

EEC and travel tax are completely different things. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 2/8/2018 at 4:12 PM, intrepid said:

I am glad to hear the EEC can be taken care of at the terminal now and hopefully we can have a good experience as AlwaysRt.

But what if you are on the HIT list because some miscreant with the same name?