ECC 6-12 month stay on Visitor Visa Update

Wade Evans
Posted
Posted

I have A question I will have been here a little over a year when I go to Thailand for a week visit. My ACR-I card expires 2 weeks before I leave, will I need to renew my ACR card before I can get an ECC. Also since I am returning to PI can I get my ECC at Airport.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Wade Evans said:

My ACR-I card expires 2 weeks before I leave, will I need to renew my ACR card before I can get an ECC. Also since I am returning to PI can I get my ECC at Airport.

If you have been here A DAY over a year (on a tourist visa)  then you need to get your ECC at a BI office who issues them not at the airport.  I was 3 days over the year (December 2017) and had to do that too so I am writing from recent experience.

As to needing an ACR card renewal, that will depend on the office you go to and the mood of the "in charge" .  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  However, your best bet is to get your ECC in advance.  IF it has not changed then you can apply for your ECC up to 30 days before leaving the country.  At that point your ACR is still current, correct?

• Like 1

Wade Evans
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you have been here A DAY over a year (on a tourist visa)  then you need to get your ECC at a BI office who issues them not at the airport.  I was 3 days over the year (December 2017) and had to do that too so I am writing from recent experience.

As to needing an ACR card renewal, that will depend on the office you go to and the mood of the "in charge" .  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  However, your best bet is to get your ECC in advance.  IF it has not changed then you can apply for your ECC up to 30 days before leaving the country.  At that point your ACR is still current, correct?

Thanks, very good idea about the ACR card. Expires 17 April, trip is 2 May. So I will just get ECC before expiration.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 2/21/2018 at 11:18 PM, sonjack2847 said:

I thought you were on the 13a also.

Nope, not yet. Planning on moving to the US in a few years in order to get Ann US citizenship. That will be about a 5 year trip so bouncing between tourist and Balikbayan, depending if we enter the Phils together any particular trip, until we do the US rotation.

• Like 1