Re: Warning for soft hearted men

jrlee183
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Wayne Bernitt said:

Thanks Jamie. No revenge was not the end game. Just to remind guys to be on there toes and check things out.  The net searcher and checking there phone from time to time.  And surprise visit could be interesting. Its sad but necessary.  The the story was therapy and hear from people  like you all helps. So thanks. 

No problem, Wayne. 

The issue with warning others who may be in a similar position is that typically they are so blinded by love that they probably wouldn't believe it.  I had the same issue with my ex.  The amount of friends/family who told me how relieved they were for me when i broke up with her was astonishing.  They could see through her and her games/tricks but didn't feel they could tell me.  Of course I recognise it all now, but at the time i highly doubt I would have accepted it.

The most important thing here is to learn from this and use your experience to better your future relationships. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry for what happened to you. It seems you went into this with a good heart and intentions.

But thanks for sharing with the rest of us. We can learn from each others mistakes. 

I think there's a simple lesson here that would save so many men grief and heartbreak.

You can't turn a whore into a housewife.

Edited by Reboot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Wayne Bernitt said:

Why tell anyone about scams if not to save the pain and suffering.

Because they never listen the first time BUT if they read it on the forum and did it anyway, then at least they will know not to do it a second time.  It amazes me how many make the same mistake over and over.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Would you have taken any notice if her previous boyfriends had posted about being scammed. You aways believe you can change them this time. I doubt you were the first.

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 2

Wayne Bernitt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Reboot said:

I'm sorry for what happened to you. It seems you went into this with a good heart and intentions.

But thanks for sharing with the rest of us. We can learn from each others mistakes. 

I think there's a simple lesson here that would save so many men grief and heartbreak.

Nicely put. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Reboot said:

According to one author in Psychology today, that's what a lot of housewives are:

Wurtzel writes, "I am committed to feminism and don’t understand why anyone would agree to be party to a relationship that is not absolutely equal. I believe women who are supported by men are prostitutes, that is that."

Now the question is:  Is that such a bad thing?  I know guys who let their wives support them and no-one has ever called them prostitutes.  Its just a situation where whatever works for you is fine.  Case in point:  A prostitute in Cebu was "rescued" by a good friend of mine who wanted to turn her into a housewife.  She ran off with the next guy she met who had more money.  Tom thought she was a scammer and I supported him in that as he was my friend.  Truth is, she stayed with the richer guy for the last 9 years, got married, has a house and kids, and seems to have turned her life around . . . . or is she just a higher class of prostitute with only one client?  Opinions will differ.

• Like 3

Wayne Bernitt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jrlee183 said:

No problem, Wayne. 

The issue with warning others who may be in a similar position is that typically they are so blinded by love that they probably wouldn't believe it.  I had the same issue with my ex.  The amount of friends/family who told me how relieved they were for me when i broke up with her was astonishing.  They could see through her and her games/tricks but didn't feel they could tell me.  Of course I recognise it all now, but at the time i highly doubt I would have accepted it.

The most important thing here is to learn from this and use your experience to better your future relationships. 

Yeah.  Being on inside looking out blurs your vision. But if you hit with the proof in black and white you start to see the full picture. It's just  unfortunate the moderator would not allow even a picture of me and her let alone the boyfriend.  I have to say I was disappointed to have a moderator tell the form not her for me to help someone.  WTF the sites about scams but you not allowed to help.  I think it's more about covering there arse. Ironicly last I looked the girl was there. Cheers thank for the feed back.  It's been a bit of therapy for me. 

7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Because they never listen the first time BUT if they read it on the forum and did it anyway, then at least they will know not to do it a second time.  It amazes me how many make the same mistake over and over.

I guarantee you if the guy she's scaming seen a picture of us together taken weeks after he's been for a visit.  He'd take notice. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Wayne Bernitt said:

I guarantee you if the guy she's scaming seen a picture of us together taken weeks after he's been for a visit.  He'd take notice. 

I guarantee you he would not.  I have had it happen to me.  She could have your name tattooed on her back (as mine did) and it would not matter a damn.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Wayne Bernitt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Would you have taken any notice if her previous boyfriends had posted about being scammed. You aways believe you can change them this time. I doubt you were the first.

If I seen a picture of her arm and arm with someone else.  When she's ment to be home with family.  ?????? Yeah I Take notice 

Wayne Bernitt
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I guarantee you he would not.  I have had it happen to me.  She could have your name tattooed on her back (as mine did) and it would not matter a damn.

Well if he an irrational idiot that believes in the Easter Bunny and honest politicians let him go.  But the reason I was kept secret is she knows  he would be gone if he knew. 

• Like 1