13A Amendment to Permanent - Balanga City BI

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

As mentioned in another thread, we went to Balanga City BI yesterday to apply for my 13A Permanent Resident Visa.  My wife had called them because Balanga is only about 1 hour from us, and they verified that they were doing 13A processing.

We call our Olongapo City SM "the smallest SM in the world".  I think Balanga City BI might be the "smallest BI in the Philippines"!  Three or four desks, a few chairs, a small sofa.  No customer "windows".  If they have air con it was not on.  It definitely could use a renovation.

So it is surprising that this small office does the 13a when other larger and more heavily staffed offices do not.  We found out that they just started last December which probably is why they are not listed on the BI website as a 13A office yet.  One reason might be is that this office is headed by an attorney, while others do not have an attorney present.

The main guy that helped us was helpful and deliberate.  He probably has not done that many 13a yet due to just starting in December.

We had to make one correction to our "joint letter to the commissioner".  They wanted it addressed not only to the commissioner, but to the attorney as well.  So my wife had to run over to a computer shop and make a new one, addressed to:

The Honorable Commissioner Jaime H. Morente

Thru: Atty. Francis T. Oca

Alien Control Officer

Balanga Field Office

So, this is something you might want to ask by phone when dealing with a smaller office.

Everything else was fine.  There were a few small details in my records which the guy fixed.  They wanted 2 ids for my wife and luckily she had two with her.  It does not say two are needed anywhere.  I was missing some copies for the ACR card and he asked if I had the ACR card checklist.  I told him I didn't know there was one and I was just going from the 13a PRV checklist.  They made several copies for us at no charge.  He had told my wife by phone to bring the annual report receipt, which I did.

This office was old and small, but I actually like dealing with small offices.  More personal and they get to know you.  He mentioned the name of a neighbor on my street whose ACR card just came in.  The main thing I didn't like was the parking in the area.  Very busy and no parking.  Our "interview" is next Tuesday at 10 so I hope the street will not be so busy then.

Also, my visa "ready date" is around March 23rd, past my current visa expiration date.  He said that is not an issue, as long as I have applied.  He mentioned to my wife on the phone that 2 weeks before expiration was kind of a rough cut-off.

Costs:

Various fees:           p6762

Express lane fees:  p2500

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good information mate. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One more thing I was going ask all of you on 13A.

The guy there said that after 5 years the ACR card has to be renewed.  And that it can only be done in Manila.  Does anyone know if the Manila part is true?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Does anyone know if the Manila part is true?

I certainly Hope not :huh:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The guy there said that after 5 years the ACR card has to be renewed.  And that it can only be done in Manila.  Does anyone know if the Manila part is true?

I have not had to renew my 5 year card yet, but the Iloilo office said they do it. Guess I will find out in 4 years...  :tiphat:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have not had to renew my 5 year card yet, but the Iloilo office said they do it. Guess I will find out in 4 years...  :tiphat:

Yes, maybe he meant they could not do it there.  Perhaps other offices can.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

maybe he meant they could not do it there

Maybe he meant they would not know what to do as they have never encountered a foreigner on a 13a still married to the same filipina 5 years down the road :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Joke lang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe he meant they would not know what to do as they have never encountered a foreigner on a 13a still married to the same filipina 5 years down the road :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Joke lang.

Do we have any members with over 5 years on a 13a?  :89:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'd be surprised that an office can issue a 13a but not renew - surely the initial issuing is more complex than the subsequent renewal. 

Yes, i know this is the Philippines but still.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'd be surprised that an office can issue a 13a but not renew - surely the initial issuing is more complex than the subsequent renewal. 

Yes, i know this is the Philippines but still.

I think you will find that you can apply for it outside of Manila then it gets sent there by that office.Then Manila issues the renewal and card.