SRRV/SIRV bank, criminal background questions

Darryl Bailey
Posted
Posted

i was looking at the SRRV  visa. i saw it said must have a monthly pension of $800 but didn't say u had to direct deposit that in P.I bank

and what about the 10k u deposit. say after living in the P.I. for 5yrs I want to try another country ,will u get the 10k back. it says u will

but does anyone know of someone that has gotten the 10k back?  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Darryl Bailey said:

it says u will

but does anyone know of someone that has gotten the 10k back?  

Nope, but I have heard of people who tried to get it back and failed because they always throw enough hurdles in your way that there will be something you do not have or cannot do so "Sorry sir, you do not qualify for a refund"

Darryl Bailey
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave 

there must be a written procedure 

to end ur SRRV visa and get 

ur deposit back. Where could I find 

this. 

Saint Pat
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2018 at 11:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

This would be a good time to point out that there are different categories of SRRV that depend on many things from your age to family size to your military service background.  Which SRRV would you want @Saint Pat 

On 2/26/2018 at 11:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

This would be a good time to point out that there are different categories of SRRV that depend on many things from your age to family size to your military service background.  Which SRRV would you want @Saint Pat 

Saint Pat
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave.

Having read some information I think I could qualify for SRRV due to my age and the fact that I'm on pension.

What I'm trying to find out is fi you can apply for this visa BEFORE you move to Phils?

In my case there is a requirement to lodge $10,000 in a PRA bank and this lodgement has to be done from abroad. Can you get this money released later if I build a house?

Also trying to find out what documentation you need to support the application is unclear.

Would appreciate any advice.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Saint Pat said:

Can you get this money released later if I build a house?

House will not qualify as you can not own the land. Only condos. 

PeterC
Posted
Posted

But you can lease a plot of land and build a house on it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, PeterC said:

But you can lease a plot of land and build a house on it.

Sure you can, but how does that affect the SRRV?  According to what I read here, you can make a:

Conversion of the requisite deposit into active investments, including purchase of condominium unit;

But I do not see where it says you can convert your deposit into a lease on a plot of land and build a house on it.  Do you know where it says that you can do as you suggest with your SRRV deposit?  Or are you just using western logic on a Philippine situation (a common misconception :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: )

• Like 1

PeterC
Posted
Posted

A UK pal married his Philippine girl friend and then made a lease agreement on a family patch of land. He then built a big house on it. He accepts that when he pops off, the g/f will have the home for herself.  He did say that the SRRV people scrutinized the agreement before accepting it and made some changes. 

• Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, Saint Pat said:

Hi Dave.

Having read some information I think I could qualify for SRRV due to my age and the fact that I'm on pension.

What I'm trying to find out is fi you can apply for this visa BEFORE you move to Phils?

In my case there is a requirement to lodge $10,000 in a PRA bank and this lodgement has to be done from abroad. Can you get this money released later if I build a house?

Also trying to find out what documentation you need to support the application is unclear.

Would appreciate any advice.

You should start the process before you move to the Philippines. Get the police clearance and the proof of pension certified by the Philippines Embassy/Consolate before you leave your country. You will need a letter from the Philippines Retirement Authority (PRA) before you can open a bank account and wire the required funds. Contact Maria Rose Villa Baranda with PRA and she will help walk you thru the process.  mariarose.baranda@gmail.com