Sign in to follow this  
bows00

Power and Freedom Brings Out Who We Really Are

Power and Freedom  :89: Hmmmmm Now there is a funny and to me, a contradictory Statement (Phrase maybe) I have a Good life here albeit expensive at times ( I am almost sure I have  one of the most expensive Families on the Forum) I worked hard and provided well for my Retirement But and there is always a but :571c66d400c8c_1(103): the "Power" I can wield has been my undoing at times (Eddie 1 touched on it) and Dave "H" echoed it another way, Because we can/could, we bought a car Great Hmmm not always. I write this because yet again I find my Freedom curtailed inthat our Princess Sprog.jpg 18 not 8 has rung to say "Daddy" fetch me at 1pm. Of course we have the car now and tricycles are not Cool when you have a "Daddy" that will drive me about like a chauffeur (dave was right on this)

So this Power as Eddie mentions can and for me  do have a Draw back and actually put me at a disadvantage when I try and make plans for myself. OH! I know we don't all have Kids but many here have taken kids on and as I have found out they soon become one of the Haves. Yes, I admit it may be my fault but she was only 8 when I came on the scene full time and :wow: we moan about slow learning but there is an Area that it is very quick :huh:  and our Buying power is it. ( I don't think many will disagree)

"Power and Freedom" sometimes do not go together, I know that the OP was probably meaning as a Single person it can be good but if anyone is looking for or in the early Stages of a Relationship Beware the Freedom diminishing, Some I daresay can/will say I still have mine But not where there are kids concerned. As with many, I thought I had got all that behind me and was Happy to be Grandpa, Got that so wrong Didn't I :whistling:

Would not want to be without her BUT :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I thought I had got all that behind me and was Happy to be Grandpa, Got that so wrong Didn't I 

Maybe not.  At her age you may be a Happy Grandpa again somewhere down the road. :whistling: :popcorn: :shock_40_anim_gif: :cornflakes:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe not.  At her age you may be a Happy Grandpa again somewhere down the road. :whistling: :popcorn: :shock_40_anim_gif: :cornflakes:

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): Yea and then that will put some pressure on my "Power" (We all know what it is like here with Grandkids EH?)

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson you cheap skate! Every princess should have her own car! Didn’t you know that?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Old55 said:

Jack Peterson you cheap skate! Every princess should have her own car! Didn’t you know that?

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg:shades: Morning All but Dan, for you :1927_: :wink:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/02/2018 at 3:23 AM, bows00 said:

I don't want to be too elementary, but isn't that a basic rule of money?  Regardless of where you are?  Throwing money around without any thought would always result in despair... no matter what your situation. 

Yes..it is. That's why I posted it.