All you can eat buffet.

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I believe its called Planet Vegis. Please correct me if it is a different place. https://www.facebook.com/planetvegiscebu/

vegis.jpg

Yup that is it............

flyboyrd1949
Posted
Posted (edited)

Actually there are several buffets here in CEBU and according to your pocket book and taste here are some choices ranked by price and food choices.

1. Radison BLU .....next to SM

2. 101.....across from PARK MALL

3. Viking Buffet .....in SM

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

RBM
Posted
Posted

what one must be very careful of here is over eating.......

We some time ago enjoyed the buffet at Park Lane hotel, was really sumptuous. Like so many we over ate, easy to do. Upon departure felt bloated and was difficult to sleep, even waking up still felt bad...

The  Planet Vegis was the first buffeet in about 2 years, being vegetarian did not seem to bloat us so much although were a tad more careful. 

• Thanks 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, Mike In Canada said:

The best buffet in all of Asia happens to be is Manila. It is by far the best I have tried anywhere in the world.

Spiral in the Sofitel in Pasay Manila on the waterfront. 

I so agree with this.  

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

I am in Manila now and had dinner here Thursday. The price is 3500 plus tax and tip

all you can eat lobster tails, crab, steak, a cheese cellar filled with expensive cheeses from Italy and Spain. Excellent cold cuts from Italy prosutto capacola etc. Food station from France, Italy, Philippines, India, and others this is worth the money. 

• Love it 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Mike In Canada said:

I am in Manila now and had dinner here Thursday. The price is 3500 plus tax and tip

all you can eat lobster tails, crab, steak, a cheese cellar filled with expensive cheeses from Italy and Spain. Excellent cold cuts from Italy prosutto capacola etc. Food station from France, Italy, Philippines, India, and others this is worth the money. 

Sorry but that is just being a targeted Foreigner & if I may so Bragging to the Limit OH! I can afford it But come on :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Here is a local one.And the reports I get is that the food is good.

Image may contain: food and text

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2018 at 7:28 AM, Gary D said:

Vikings have just opened a branch in San Fernando Pampanga

Interesting anecdotes.

Buffets in Japan are called, "Viking." I suspect the reason is because "Smorgasbord" is difficult to pronounce in Japanese.

The first hotel to offer "Viking" in Japan is the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. Very popular. You can't get reservations on weekends unless you have excellent corporate connections or you happen to be staying at the hotel.

An interesting variation is a time-limit. All you can eat within a one or two hours period. While in Hokkaido, we went to an all seafood restaurant. My simple strategy was to eat nothing but their wonderful, fresh (Alaskan) King Crab. Most specialty restaurants charge $200 to $1,000 per large crab. I must have eaten the equivalent of two, maybe three. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 2/12/2018 at 5:07 PM, scott h said:

In my experience buffets run by restaurants that only have them on Sunday mornings are pretty bad, and only offer the basic Filipino food, we normally order off the menu.

I once went to a well known hotel restaurant, but didn't care about their Sunday buffet. Ordering from the menu, the waiter walked straight to the buffet table and prepared me a plate.

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

the waiter walked straight to the buffet table and prepared me a plate

Now the big question, was it cheaper than if you had ordered buffet and gone up to get it yourself?

When I am at a restaurant that offers buffet breakfast and I am not in the mood for it, I take care to order something from the menu that is not anywhere on the buffet.  I do this with the hope that it will be prepared fresh.