Postal Service

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Collect your own

the op has not and might not return but I think he was thinking of shipping stuff out

• Like 1

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems a PO Box and Collect your own is the Way to go :smile:

I have a P.O. Box here in Marikina, NCR. ( I think ) They are supposed to moving the boxes to a new location and said that the boxes are closed. Does that mean that the boxes will be available later or that they have stopped using P.O. Boxes ?  If someone were to send me important mail from Texas, can I get it?? After an hour of discussion with the postal employee, I still didn't have a straight answer.  So, I have written off the Philippine Mail Service. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, JerryNRea said:

So, I have written off the Philippine Mail Service. 

:89: I wonder where they will send the Postal reply? Your PO Box :smile: maybe 

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: I wonder where they will send the Postal reply? Your PO Box :smile: maybe 

I have no idea, neither do they   we went to pay for the Box fee, when we were told the boxes are closed . It is a problem for me because I need the important mail from Texas ; IRS, Firefighters Retirement, Texas Drivers License, Accident Attorney, etc to be sent here for my attention and mailed back. I was in Norway from 72-74 and got letters and cards from the US with no problem. I still send stuff to Norway and other countries in Europe, with no problem.  Filipinos apparently don't understand the importance of getting and sending mail. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JerryNRea said:

Filipinos apparently don't understand the importance of getting and sending mail. 

:thumbsup: Now ain't the truth :wink: but I can see it is a problem so I will refrain from any more funny stuff, However what you can do is ask that you get a collect notice as per the Couriers, ie you visit once or twice a week and enquire at the sorting Desk :mellow:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JerryNRea said:

I have no idea, neither do they   we went to pay for the Box fee, when we were told the boxes are closed . It is a problem for me because I need the important mail from Texas ; IRS, Firefighters Retirement, Texas Drivers License, Accident Attorney, etc to be sent here for my attention and mailed back. I was in Norway from 72-74 and got letters and cards from the US with no problem. I still send stuff to Norway and other countries in Europe, with no problem.  Filipinos apparently don't understand the importance of getting and sending mail. 

With the age of internet and most things available or accessible online more and more countries will reduce their mail service except for parcel delivery as online purchase for goods is rising. There are mail forwarding services in the US that can send your mail by Email where you can print out if needed. 

• Like 3

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Now ain't the truth :wink: but I can see it is a problem so I will refrain from any more funny stuff, However what you can do is ask that you get a collect notice as per the Couriers, ie you visit once or twice a week and enquire at the sorting Desk :mellow:

We befriended the ladies at the Post Office and even sent them post cards from Texas  as a 'test' mail.  We sent the post card to the post office itself, so they got it. The problem here is lack of motivation.

• Like 1

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

With the age of internet and most things available or accessible online more and more countries will reduce their mail service except for parcel delivery as online purchase for goods is rising. There are mail forwarding services in the US that can send your mail by Email where you can print out if needed. 

Do you know of any mail forwarding services that will forward by email ? I can file my Income Tax on-line, so that eliminates mail from them. I will need to call the firefighters pension system, if I can find a phone, and have them send everything via email.  Still, I get Birthday and Christmas cards through the mail. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, JerryNRea said:

Do you know of any mail forwarding services that will forward by email ? I can file my Income Tax on-line, so that eliminates mail from them. I will need to call the firefighters pension system, if I can find a phone, and have them send everything via email.  Still, I get Birthday and Christmas cards through the mail. 

Almost all of them do.

Do a search on the forum and you will find some old threads like this one:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, scott h said:

the op has not and might not return but I think he was thinking of shipping stuff out

Suspect ulterior motivates as well.:whistling: