Postal Service

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JerryNRea said:

Do you know of any mail forwarding services that will forward by email ? I can file my Income Tax on-line, so that eliminates mail from them. I will need to call the firefighters pension system, if I can find a phone, and have them send everything via email.  Still, I get Birthday and Christmas cards through the mail. 

Yes but l forgot and since l am on stupid cell phone it's hard to search but the info is already on this forum. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

www.myus.com  www.viabox.com   www.usa2me.com here are a few I found on Google that do a forwarding service.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems a PO Box and Collect your own is the Way to go :smile:

Yes, if I had a lot of mail I'd probably do that - currently, i don't get much so no big deal. I don't drive and office is a 45- minute trip each way so I'm not inclined to pick up mail unless I have to.

As an aside, two of my banks don't accept a PO box as a postal address.

Coincidentally, I got a letter yesterday which took only 13 days to arrive - happy days!

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Finding a mail forwarding service is not a hard problem, there are many of them.  Now, getting that forwarded mail could be an issue.  What I have learned over the years mailing to and from different locations in the Philippines is if you are wanted to receive your incoming mail, it must be sent where the receiver has to sign for it as someone mentioned earlier.  I think it was Dave.  In the US they have registered and certified, both are an extra service/expense and worth it if you expect to receive your mail.  Same with UPS, FedEx, and the others.  Most mail forwarding services will receive and repackage your mail by group and you choose and pay how you want it sent.  When choosing a forwarding service make sure to check out all the services they will provide.  I use one out of Florida and have had very good luck with them.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, intrepid said:

In the US they have registered and certified, both are an extra service/expense and worth it if you expect to receive your mail

Philippines postal services has the same. I used it last year and as the receiver was not found the mail was returned to my address. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Philippines postal services has the same. I used it last year and as the receiver was not found the mail was returned to my address. 

Was that because he did not want the mail or he could not be located? :89: I could understand either.  And did the post office make a note when they returned it to you?   I'm guessing you were trying to send to Mr Jordan?

However, for the most part, we are wanting to receive our mail.:thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Was that because he did not want the mail or he could not be located? :89: I could understand either.  And did the post office make a note when they returned it to you?   I'm guessing you were trying to send to Mr Jordan?

You are guessing right. It was a letter of demand which was part of the legal proceedings. From memory it did say something like not at this address or similar. I've still got it here somewhere. 

• Like 1