heath insurance

Darryl Bailey
Posted
Posted

I'm going to retire there in 19 months and was  looking for info

I was hoping someone here would know if philheath would count as heath insurance . 

in the U.S. if u don't have heath insurance they fine u. the fine is like $670 and up if philheath is $300 

it might be the way to go 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

There are a lot of topics here about phil health, I am not an expert on it, but I believe it is only used when you are actually hospitalized, not for routine matters. The search function is really good here. There is no law here mandating health insurance btw

welcome to the forum

roddavis
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Darryl Bailey said:

I was hoping someone here would know if philheath would count as heath insurance . 

in the U.S. if u don't have heath insurance they fine u. the fine is like $670 and up if philheath is $300 

If your address is showing here in PI when you file your US taxes....you will not pay cuz your out of the US. Its one of the questions(TurboTax) asks for if you lived in the US.:wait_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, roddavis said:

If your address is showing here in PI when you file your US taxes....you will not pay cuz your out of the US. Its one of the questions(TurboTax) asks for if you lived in the US.

You have to be out of the U.S. for a certain period of months and then you can file for an exemption using form 8965.  Just using a PI address is not enough.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If you live outside the country for 330 days a year you are not required (or in fact even eligible) for the ACA.   If you are here full time, you can get PhilHealth or not - it will not affect your tax burden.  If you are here less than 330 days I do not know if PhilHeatlh would qualify, I seriously doubt it would.

Source: (scroll down to item 12 in "who is affected"

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/individuals-and-families/questions-and-answers-on-the-individual-shared-responsibility-provision#Exemptions  

Darryl Bailey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks guy 

but I will keep my U.S. address 

I have a house that my daughter

will stay in, When I’m in the P.I.

I will be returning to 

the U.S. each summer to work 

on the family farm. 

So i will not be out of country for 

330 days a year. 

ADMIN note. Please ask your SSRV question in a new topic or one related to the SSRV visa as this topic is about health insurance.  Thank you for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Going off topic completely

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Darryl Bailey said:

Actually I think we all gave you a wrong answer.  The individual mandate to have health insurance was "repealed" but is not effective until the 2019 tax year.  In 2018 you still need to have U.S based health insurance if living there or you will get a penalty.  You stated that your time frame is 19 months so that puts you close to 2019.  There will no longer be a penalty effective 2019 tax year.

Lots of articles out there.  Here is one.

http://time.com/money/5043622/gop-tax-reform-bill-individual-mandate/

Darryl Bailey
Posted
Posted

Wow 

thank u 

thats great info 

will retire there  in sept 2019 

still not sure bout Phil Heath 

if it’s worth it 

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Darryl Bailey said:

Wow 

thank u 

thats great info 

will retire there  in sept 2019 

still not sure bout Phil Heath 

if it’s worth it 

Wow thank u ,thats great info will retire there  in sept 2019. 

still not sure bout Phil Heath if it’s worth it 

Darryl my Friend, I had a problem reading your Post, Not sure if it is you or your PC, people like me can get confused when the Format is like you posted, Much better i think as the way I did it for you to see my meaning :thumbsup:

.Jollygoodfellow Sorry Boss don't want to toe tread but I got Dizzy:shock_40_anim_gif: :wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

.Jollygoodfellow Sorry Boss don't want to toe tread but I got Dizzy:shock_40_anim_gif: :wink:

Yes I dont know if the OP is using a phone but still it should not display like that ? 

• Like 1