Getting Fat(er) and Happy(er) in Dumaguete

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a place on the south rd past Robinsons called lord Byron which has been recommended for their ribs. Also there is a Canadian cafe on the south rd called Katz or catz which has good murmerings  about it.

Edited by sonjack2847
Removed tex.

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, bows00 said:

Whoo man, just had their Baby Back Ribs and it was "fall off the bone" awesome.  IMHO, blows Tony Romas out of the water for only 199Pesos.  And they serve their beers SUPER cold (just above freezing - I bet they have a beer chiller).  In fact found my new favorite beer - San Miguel Super Dry.  

Remember that Cafe Racer, Mooon Cafe and Lantaw are all owned by the same person or family. Their menus have lots of overlap and we eat at all of them.

KRI is good, Pasta King for - pasta , the new Tree Hive Food Hub is very good based on our first visit there, Rolling pin for breads/bagels, Mifune for Japanese food, Casablanca (expensive but worth it) and many more. Oh and add Gie Gie's for sandwiches!

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 2/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, sonjack2847 said:

There is a place on the south rd past Robinsons called lord Byron which has been recommended for their ribs. Also there is a Canadian cafe on the south rd called Katz or catz which has good murmerings  about it.

Lord Byron's ribs are very very good but surprisingly enough so is Pasta Kings.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, davewe said:

Remember that Cafe Racer, Mooon Cafe and Lantaw are all owned by the same person or family.

Page Holdings inc run all in Cebu and there is a bigger list of business they run but they are available for Franchise so not sure who is running them in Dumaguete. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Funny how some companies like to go into competition with themselves, like ChowKing, Jollibee and Mang Inasal all being owned by the same company.  There must be some business sense to it.  Gives us the illusion of choice perhaps?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how some companies like to go into competition with themselves, like ChowKing, Jollibee and Mang Inasal all being owned by the same company.  There must be some business sense to it.  Gives us the illusion of choice perhaps?

I dont see it that way. Each business model is catering for a different market or gaining market share for other products. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Andys grill  has a good reputation you can find it on FB I know where it is but it is difficult to explain in writing.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I know where it is but it is difficult to explain in writing.

Type, would be clearer to see and also if your handwriting is a little shaky it might be hard to decipher.  :whistling:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Type, would be clearer to see and also if your handwriting is a little shaky it might be hard to decipher.  :whistling:

Even then I would struggle as you know there are not many road signs here.If go you south on the main highway here past Robinsons Mall there is a place selling posts and building materials on a crossroad turn left there and it is 100 m down that road.See how many building supply yards are here haha.It is on the road to El Oriente beach resort but I cannot remember if that is signposted. Good luck have heard quite a few good stories about the place.

Edited by sonjack2847
Spelling

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Andys grill  has a good reputation you can find it on FB I know where it is but it is difficult to explain in writing.

Food here is out standing, not cheap but worth it. My damper here was the owner whom plonked himself at our table during our meal explained how he imported his wine hence price was P800. 

Following week spotted same wine in our Bacolod wine shop for P400, do not begrudge him his profit but deceit is another matter.