Getting Fat(er) and Happy(er) in Dumaguete

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, davewe said:

Remember that Cafe Racer, Mooon Cafe and Lantaw are all owned by the same person or family. Their menus have lots of overlap and we eat at all of them.

Now now Dave, remember that waistband, small portions, lol.

:nudie:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

Following week spotted same wine in our Bacolod wine shop for P400, do not begrudge him his profit but deceit is another matter.

It is normal in US where wine prices are double in restaurants.  The mark up for beers are even worse, that's how they stay in business.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, bows00 said:

It is normal in US where wine prices are double in restaurants.  The mark up for beers are even worse, that's how they stay in business.

As I stated, I certainly do not begrudge him his profit, what bothered me was being told the wine was Imported when in fact it's available locally.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Had breakfast recently at Alima, as per the OP was very good. Thoughtfully they have plugs adjacent to each table for the lap tops, unfortunately the internet was hardly working during my visit.

Met the owner, lovely woman, very sincere, once she went out service turned to show......Pity as its a nice spot, easy parking and very pleasant.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, RBM said:

easy parking

I have found that parking is tight there as so many of the hospital patrons plug up the spots and walk over to the hospital (indeed I have done it myself :whistling: )  so you must have been there at just the right time of day.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, RBM said:

As I stated, I certainly do not begrudge him his profit, what bothered me was being told the wine was Imported when in fact it's available locally.

Is it a domestic product?

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 2/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Chin loong on the boulevard does nice food.I have been told Cafe racer is good and the one next to it.There is also a new Restaurant in Valencia above 711 called Spice which I have heard also is good.

Went to Spice a few days ago and both of us had very good meals. We will be back!

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, RBM said:

Had breakfast recently at Alima, as per the OP was very good. Thoughtfully they have plugs adjacent to each table for the lap tops, unfortunately the internet was hardly working during my visit.

Met the owner, lovely woman, very sincere, once she went out service turned to show......Pity as its a nice spot, easy parking and very pleasant.

I think it is my favorite breakfast joint in Dumaguete. Everything on the menu so far is unique and delicious, from the carrot, squash, ginger soup to the Korean tacos. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, davewe said:

Went to Spice a few days ago and both of us had very good meals. We will be back!

And aint Vira a looker.

Edited by sonjack2847
Spelling again tsk

davewe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

And aint Vira a looker.

I'm guessing Vira is a waitress there? We had a guy unfortunately. 

• Haha 2