Items from your old life

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Having just got my British passport for another 10 years what other things do i need to have once i leave these shores for a new life, and how do you get them.

Do other members renew there passport or driving license   from there  birthplace or where ever or is it a case you may never need them again so why bother.

As a HGV driver i have to replace my license plus ADR license and drivers card and most will be running out very soon, as some of these cards will incur a cost to renew so do i bother with these as i am hoping i will never need them again, but the driving license i will need that.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

As a HGV driver

I get your meaning BUT in the PI it is called a "Professional License" which will only be issued IF you have a Job otherwise you will only be Granted a private one :wink:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I get your meaning BUT in the PI it is called a "Professional License" which will only be issued IF you have a Job otherwise you will only be Granted a private one :wink:

What about my car license , if you have so many years left on it , can i use it to drive in the Philippines, plus when the time comes for it to run out can i renew my British car license over in the Philippines .

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

what other things do i need to have once i leave these shores for a new life,

Patience and a sense of humor.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I renewed my UK licence but had to use a UK address. Once you have been out of the UK a few years you wont be able to renew without re taking your test unless you accidentally use a UK address and forget you've been out the ciuntry. Usually you need to renew only when less than one year to go on it to get a new 10 yr licence. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

What about my car license , if you have so many years left on it , can i use it to drive in the Philippines, plus when the time comes for it to run out can i renew my British car license over in the Philippines .

Snowy has answered the Uk bit although I should say the problem will come if you need a medical at some stage ( at 70 you will for the 3 year extension.

As to using your existing License, (Many do and push their luck on the law ) you can only use it for 90 days and then convert to a PI one  as I said many push luck to beyond the bounds but the LTO and PNP are getting wise and may ask to see your Passport which will show your last entry date, For me just not worth the Hassle. :smile:

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All :photo-109: 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences The dodgy bit is you need a UK address. 

• Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences The dodgy bit is you need a UK address. 

I will still have a UK address :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

I will still have a UK address :thumbsup:

:huh: After 90 days you will have to change your License or really become a native and Ride/Drive no matter what & hope you don't meet a Hungry Enforcer :wink:

• Like 1