13 A visa submitted from Australia

Trevor Evans
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

This is from the London Embassy site, it looks like the changes are bigger than thought.

Note:
The non-quota immigrant visa is a one-year multiple entry visa which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years. On the fourth year (3rd renewal), the applicant may apply for permanent residency in the Philippines.

Well that sux

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Fonts of all knowledge

Having read this stream I just wondered if someone could give me some info. I applied for my 13a in Abu Dhabi and then got my ACR card issued in Manila. I have had the ACR 2 years now and have reported each time, on time with BI in Manila. My query is I don't remember my 13a ever being probationary or was it because as soon as I got my 13a I went to Manila and got my ACR card. 

I just wanted to check that I hadn't missed any step I was supposed to have taken. Never an issue when reporting.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, PaulB said:

I applied for my 13a in Abu Dhabi . . . I don't remember my 13a ever being probationary

It used to be permanent if you applied outside the country.  Things changed but it looks like you got in under the old rules.  :fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It used to be permanent if you applied outside the country.  Things changed but it looks like you got in under the old rules.  :fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

Thanks Dave.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, Gary D said:

This is from the London Embassy site, it looks like the changes are bigger than thought.

Note:
The non-quota immigrant visa is a one-year multiple entry visa which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years. On the fourth year (3rd renewal), the applicant may apply for permanent residency in the Philippines.

This is what immigration said about this,

Good Day! Yes, you are allowed for a one-year multiple entry visa for the first application of non-quota immigrant visa by marriage. Prior to the expiration of the one-year period, you may file an application for the amendment of your status from probationary to permanent.  It means you will just renew your visa once. However, you will renew your acr-icard every 5 years.Thank You.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what immigration said about this,

Good Day! Yes, you are allowed for a one-year multiple entry visa for the first application of non-quota immigrant visa by marriage. Prior to the expiration of the one-year period, you may file an application for the amendment of your status from probationary to permanent.  It means you will just renew your visa once. However, you will renew your acr-icard every 5 years.Thank You.

So what the BI and the embassies are saying is different. Welcome to the Philippines.:89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

So what the BI and the embassies are saying is different. Welcome to the Philippines.:89:

I would listen to the BI, just my opinion. :smile: