Used Auto Part and Used Cell Phone Parts

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I find myself looking for a used wheel/rim to fit a Honda Civic.  Having recently had 2 flats at the same time due to running over some nails, I would like to have a "real" spare tire along with the "POS" spare tire that comes stock with most cars these days.  To do that requires an extra wheel but I do not know where the auto graveyards are here.  Anyone in Dumaguete got any ideas?

Secondly, where do used cell phones go to die?  My wonderful lady broke the LCD screen on hers and it would cost more than its worth to replace it, BUT, if there were broken cell phones sold for parts somewhere then she might be able to pick up a phone that is broken but the touch screen is still good.  (Or am I dreaming).  Yes, I did mention elsewhere that I had ordered new phones but no point in throwing the old one out if it can be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Secondly, where do used cell phones go to die?  My wonderful lady broke the LCD screen on hers and it would cost more than its worth to replace it, BUT, if there were broken cell phones sold for parts somewhere then she might be able to pick up a phone that is broken but the touch screen is still good.  (Or am I dreaming).

What about the next time your in Cebu, take a visit to Colon. Sure many used phones you could use for parts will be there somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

take a visit to Colon

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. :whistling:

Yes dave BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103): will the spare wheels be just spare tyres ( Think about it!)  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Hmm thinking 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There a few wrecking shops by Banica bridge between the shell station and Robinsons main who have wheels.As for cell phones I would just go to a local repair man ha may be able to help.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

wrecking shops by Banica bridge between the shell station and Robinsons main who have wheels

Thanks, will have a look.

44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would just go to a local repair man ha may be able to help.

Tried that, they want to sell new parts and are not interested in finding used parts for us.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks, will have a look.

Tried that, they want to sell new parts and are not interested in finding used parts for us.

Must be a lot more money in new parts then.I will look about tomorrow after the gym.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am wondering if the tyre places might be a good place to enquire? You just never know :smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am wondering if the tyre places might be a good place to enquire?

Well I started at Roberts Tire and got a blank look and then a head shake.

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well I started at Roberts Tire and got a blank look and then a head shake.

Did you think to call into Kens Auto Trading, last time i was there he had lots of odds and ends, he may be able to point you in the Right Direction. Tricycle drivers get them for the Side car so they are about :89: or even Scuds

• Thanks 1