Used Auto Part and Used Cell Phone Parts

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The Head mechanic from Noreco will be here later to do some work on "A's" older Bike, I will ask him if he can help :wink:

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 2/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, Jack Peterson said:

The Head mechanic from Noreco will be here later to do some work on "A's" older Bike, I will ask him if he can help :wink:

So ToTo came and we talked, he has some jeep wheels :whistling: but of course that is of no use to you, he does come across various old stuff and normally it moves quite quickly but he said he would look out for what you want but needs the wheel size?  let me have that my friend and he will keep a lookout for you :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

let me have that my friend and he will keep a lookout for you

Thanks for that.  Give me a little while as I have plans to follow up on your first suggestion of Ken's Trading.  I saw stacks of wheels out the front there but have not yet had the chance to take a good look.  Maybe later this afternoon.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for that.  Give me a little while as I have plans to follow up on your first suggestion of Ken's Trading.  I saw stacks of wheels out the front there but have not yet had the chance to take a good look.  Maybe later this afternoon.

Well stop gabbing on here and get down there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

he would look out for what you want but needs the wheel size?  l

So I went to Kens and they are same as Roberts in that they will only sell rims as a set of 4 and even though Ken's had lots of odd ones laying around they said they had none to fit my car because my car had "mag wheels".  I said "No you don't understand.  If it is any 14 inch rim with the nut holes to fit my car then I am happy.  No one will see the rim unless I have a flat tire.  It will be used as a spare."

Well that did not sink in so I am still looking for a rim that fits a 185 /65 R 14 inch tire and has the nut holes to fit a Honda Civic.  I have a good tire to put on the rim but a single old rim continues to elude me.  If the tire shops are selling mag wheels then someone has their old rims somewhere lying in a rust heap.  All I want is one.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well that did not sink in so I am still looking for a rim that fits a 185 /65 R 14 inch tire and has the nut holes to fit a Honda Civic.  I have a good tire to put on the rim but a single old rim continues to elude me.  If the tire shops are selling mag wheels then someone has their old rims somewhere lying in a rust heap.  All I want is one.

Have you posted on the Dumaguete buy and sell groups on FB. https://www.facebook.com/search/str/dumaguete+buy+and+sell/keywords_search 

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

All I want is one.

I am on it for you :smile:

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Dave I have been told to try RML which is situated on the south between Robinsons and Bacong.It is next to a gas station.There are also 2 places on the roda between Robinsons and the Banica bridge #2.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Came across a site that tells you what other car types use the same wheels. Maybe if you have not found them yet you could find from a different brand. 

http://www.wheel-fitment.com/car/Honda.html

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

if you have not found them yet

Thanks for the link.  It gave me a great idea as to who would have a spare tire hanging around and I'll check him out later.  I gave up looking a while back as it seemed like the time to look around was not worth the trouble so I put it on the back burner of my mind until one day when I just "happen across" some spares