Foreigner convicted.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I try not to judge but if I had a 18 year old daughter and some guy in their 50s turned up to take them away for a few days it wouldn't end well whether they're 17 or 18 lol.

Complete culture difference.

• Like 2

David Q
Posted
Posted
On 2/21/2018 at 9:09 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Lets not jump to conclusions.  Yes, he was convicted in court.  It was a Philippine court so surely it was impartial :whistling: 

Many foreigners knew this man and he was quite proud of his bevy of paid beauties who did "accounting" work at his home/office.  He looked the part and he was found guilty.  That is all we can be sure of.  As to underage girls, how often have we heard that?  I never saw him with anyone who looked under 18 bu it sure is a great way to incite people into believing that 3 life sentences is too good for the guy.  In Nevada many like him would have been out of jail in 24 hours for lack of evidence but we are not in Nevada.  Still, to allow what he did in your country and to condemn him for doing it in this country sounds unfair to me.

But the point of the thread is:  Keep a low profile and don't even LOOK like you are doing anything wrong as it does not take much to convict a foreigner here.

This is horrible of course, but three life sentences?? Come on.  Gosh, usually if you act like a halfway nice person the PI police and such are absolutely courteous.  This guy must have been downright in their face about the whole thing.  I have to imagine that the inside of a Cebu prison is one place you just don’t wanna be 

David Q
Posted
Posted
On 5/15/2018 at 12:44 AM, Snowy79 said:

The old saying about there being nothing worse than a woman scorned springs to mind. As has been shown in the media claims can raise their ugly heads many years after an event.

You may think you have gotten away just now but a few more years under her belt, a bit of ife experiences and hardship then suddenly she remembers you groomed her and comes looking for revenge. 

I'm sure those that have lived here some time have met their fair share of 30 yr olds that look 16 and 16 yr olds that look 30. It's just not worth the risk to take things at face value ( excuse the pun.) In fact I've only met one girl here that introduced herself by her real name never mind real age. 

That’s overstating it. Most introduce themselves by their correct name.  Twice I have met 17 year olds who looked you right in the eye and said they were 18 though.

(On a somewhat related note, why do so many filipinas have multiple Facebook pages?  I really don’t get that.)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, David Q said:

why do so many filipinas have multiple Facebook pages?

One could also ask why filipinas seem to have money with no visible source of income and why so many foreigners find "single" girls on line that they feel obligated to send money to.  Its bizarre how easy it is for the girls to get money with a facebook account, some pretty pictures, and a membership on a few dating sites.  But these girls are never accused of any crime, in fact it is S.O.P. here.

• Hmm thinking 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Heck some of them aren't even girls.:shock_40_anim_gif:

Is my mind wandering down the Bakla track with your answer. :hystery:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Old55 said:

John, no one is “jumping” on you. What you say has value and is appreciated. If you feel what I said was harsh then know it was not intended that way.

NP HERE.. TNX

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Complete culture difference.

SO TRUE.. i havent been anyplace else where some one has offered to sell me their own daughter. poverty like ive never seen it before. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, lobojohn said:

SO TRUE.. i havent been anyplace else where some one has offered to sell me their own daughter. poverty like ive never seen it before. 

The daughter is only the tip of the iceburg, you are buying the whole family.

• Haha 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

The daughter is only the tip of the iceburg, you are buying the whole family.

in this case the man just wanted to go back we he came from.. alone.. he ended up taking her with him.