Foreigner convicted.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Complete culture difference.

A Mom I kow here had a beautiful 17-year old daughter. She was "online dating" a 60-year old American with Mom's approval and encouragement. 

Trouble ensued when Mom constantly intercepted lover boy's phone calls and tried flirting with him herself. 

Fights, tears, exit lover boy, pretty little girl winds up pregnant and married by a Filipino within a year. Mom still has no one but her husband. 

Complete culture difference is right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
On 2/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes he does.  I noticed that too.  He was 40 ish when I knew him 6 or 7 years ago so it would be expected that he would put on weight at this stage of life, but I heard he had been in a Cebu prison for 5 years while the trial was going on.  If so he must have found a way to make his stay quite comfortable as putting on weight in a Cebu jail is not really expected.

In your post you said you knew this individual. That brings to mind that we should be very careful who we befriend or have business dealings with. All these people from other countries are not all nice guys and often times there are unsavory reasons they are here. Considering how laws are enforced here it would be very unfortunate to be with the wrong person and found guilty by association. Darned scary!

• Like 3