Where to live in Batangas ?

Andy MacG
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,  I've just found the site and read a lot of interesting posts already.   My Filipino (shortly to be) wife and I are living in Dubai and are working on our exit strategy.  She is from Quezon City and I have no desire what so ever to live there.   I like her family but want to locate a good drive away.    I would like to be close to a beach, within 30 mins drive of a decent mall, with reasonable internet access and a few expats to hook up with from time to time.  I'm thinking the Southern coast of  Batangas somewhere.  

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.   

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Andy MacG said:

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.   

No suggestions BUT Welcome.jpg to the Nut house :whistling:

Andy MacG
Posted
Posted

I'm prepared for some nuttiness, I've been a few times, and spent quite a lot of time in India - it doesn't get much nuttier than there !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

I don't recall any nice sandy beaches around Batangas. Most are rocky. For a sandy beach the closest to Manila is Mindoro to the south or Subic to the north. Subic has good shopping options. Or further north is La Union. 

Back when I was there there were no malls around Mindoro but SM has more malls now than 7-11 has outlets.

• Like 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Andy MacG said:

My Filipino (shortly to be) wife

Does she have severe Osteoporosis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Andy MacG said:

a decent mall

Most are rather decent though the ladies outfits can get a bit skimpy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andy MacG
Posted
Posted

Thanks for these suggestions Allan, ive never been North of Quezon City except a few days in Baguio, so will investigate Subic.  My (short) Mrs wants to be able to drive back to her family place without any ferries, so Mindoro looks like a non runner.

I have trained myself not to look at ladies in skimpy outfits, (at least not when we are together).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted

There are fairies everywhere here.......................but understand on Mindoro - too bad because it is cheaper.

Then I guess Subic/Olongapo is the best option (IMHO). Not such a bad drive - highway is pretty good. 

Lots of expats haunt the place. 

I have developed a technique for looking at but not appearing to be looking at ladies tantalizingly attired.  I call it the 'slow scan'. You can see her (the lady you are with that is) just about to say something but then doubt closes it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, allancomeau said:

I don't recall any nice sandy beaches around Batangas

Pico de Loro has a nice beach, but its a resort. We stay there often. A person can buy a condo there. The big drawback is that its to hell and gone from a large city

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Nasugbu isn't too bad of an area.  They just finished building a new Walter Matt there and there's quite a few expats around.  Matabunkay beach is another decent area but it's mostly for tourists.  Punta Fuego is another good area but it's pretty expensive.

• Like 1