Divisoria Manila

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Went to  Divisoria today left home 5am arrived at 7.15am.

Breakfast at Mcds then went to buy some Curtains, and some foam cut to size

To make new cushions (  both the little womans idea ! ) got myself a large rechargeable torch

And a "cheap Casio G Shock Watch 😊) Torch cost 200 pesos and the watch 490 pesos.

Both work fine.

But what a place ! Everything is for sale there almost !

Came away with bags of fresh fruit and Hopia

But the people ! Its like going to a chelsea football game !

But a great morning !

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

expatuk2014,  Glad you had a good time.  we went there about a month ago for the same reason.  Wife bought some nice material for making curtains and rods.  Really good prices which made it worth the travel.  However, when we were there it was so crowded you could not take a step.  Only half steps.  I will say also anything you may want could be found there.  Although I have no desire to return any time soon.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a fun place to send the women with a little cash and dreams of bargains, while we men stay well out of the way.

Glad to hear it was a fun time :58:

• Haha 1

allancomeau
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

while we men stay well out of the way.

Absolutely Not true!

10 to 15 minutes away in Quiapo/Roan area you can find;

tons of electronic products & components including PV panels and LEDs

every power tool you think of

tons of screws (yes, those too), fasteners, etc

electrical

fixtures

replica guns 

bookstorres

toys

eye wear

It is less crowded during weekdays - avoid the weekends.  Still arriving early in the morning is better.

The LRT stops in that area;  Carreido (spelling) station

BTW The Manila Immigration Office isn't so far from there. Get the visa early and then shop/walk till you drop

Edited by allancomeau
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, allancomeau said:

Absolutely Not true!

I appreciate that you have a great time in Divisoria. all of the points you make after the statement I quoted were very interesting and informative.  But another member said:

15 hours ago, intrepid said:

However, when we were there it was so crowded you could not take a step.  Only half steps.  I will say also anything you may want could be found there.  Although I have no desire to return any time soon.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

It seems that the truth for Intrepid, and I believe for myself, is that it is a crowded place that we have no desire to be.  Thus, for us it is:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!

Note that I took your point a couple of steps further and added all caps, red lettering and a second exclamation point to my statement.  Does it make my point any more or less valid?  No.  And neither does your statement.

What your statement DOES do, and I refer to where you quote another member and say it is absolutely not true, is to imply that the person you are quoting is lying.  That is not going to sit well with me, so I hope you can learn to temper your replies to being more polite.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The only time I went there, well before the new mall was built, I had to keep in the background to keep the prices down, the wife considers it too dangerous there to take me.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It seems that the truth for Intrepid, and I believe for myself, is that it is a crowded place that we have no desire to be.  Thus, for us it is:

Appears to me Allancomeau is talking about a place 10 to 15 minutes away from where the OP is talking about.

4 hours ago, allancomeau said:

10 to 15 minutes away in Quiapo/Roan area you can find;

He then said it's less crowded on weekdays at this other location.  

:4617:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Appears to me Allancomeau is talking about a place 10 to 15 minutes away from where the OP is talking about.

He then said it's less crowded on weekdays at this other location.  

:4617:

9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

while we men stay well out of the way.

Dave, I'm not sure if Alan edited his post but I don't read it like you did.

He was just emphasizing that it IS a great place for MEN to shop in a nearby(?) area.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I really enjoyed divisoria. It was about the only thing I liked in Manila (well the aquarium was ok, if a bit small)

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have a panic reaction if I get squeezed in with people.  Nothing that I can control and one I actually bulldozed by way out a situation.  So I appreciate the OP post and will be staying away. :58:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1