Extend Tourist Visa Question Again!

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Upon entry to Cebu mactan I applied for the 59 day extension which will end March 4th. When I go to renew my visa, do I have the option of one month or two month extension at that time?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Upon entry to Cebu mactan I applied for the 59 day extension which will end March 4th. When I go to renew my visa, do I have the option of one month or two month extension at that time?

You can get 2 months but I am not sure if you could get 6 months.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, russellmania said:

When I go to renew my visa, do I have the option of one month or two month extension at that time?

Yes, why wouldn't you? No matter if you got the first extension at the airport you still can keep extending up to 36 months unless something has changed overnight. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, russellmania said:

do I have the option of one month or two month extension at that time?

Just to be sure I understand (old age ya know).  You will have been in Philippines 59 days as a tourist when you go to get your next extension, correct?

OK, this being the case you will be forced to get and pay for an ACR card (part of whatever tourist visa you get at that point) unless you already have one that has not expired.

You may or may not be forced to complete the Alien Registration Program form, depending how busy they are.  It is asked for to get an ECC and you only need that if you have been here 6 months but the ARP is mandatory to do, ONCE in your life, after you have been here for more than 59 days.  If you have done it in the past then you can skip that step or they may tell you to do it next renewal.

You can choose a 1, 2 or 6 month extension.  The one month is kinda useless as it is only 500 pesos cheaper than the 2 month.  The 2 month is "normal" and the 6 month is very handy if available at that office.

Now you will be asked if you want express service or regular service.  That's where you either pay the extortion express fees or they screw around with you for days to make it very inconvenient so next time you will pay the fee.

Simple really.