Arrogant and discourteous foreigners sent home

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

An interesting point in this press release is that some disrespectful foreigners were blacklisted after leaving the country. Just shows, be polite or keep your mouth shut.

PRESS RELEASE
Date: 06 Feb. 2018 (Tue)

BI Turns Back 74 Rude Aliens

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has advised foreigners visiting the country not to be rude and disrespectful towards Immigration Officers or they will be turned away at the ports for being Undesirable Aliens.

“The entry and stay of foreigners in the country is not a right but a mere privilege,” BI Commissioner Jaime H. Morente said. “Thus, they ought to show respect and courtesy to Immigration Officers upon their arrival in our ports of entry.”

According to Morente, the BI has been strictly implementing a policy to exclude or disallow the entry of foreigner who show disrespect or make offensive utterances to symbols of Philippine Authority.

He said such ground for exclusion is listed under a Memorandum Order that then Immigration Chief Andrea Domingo issued on March 29, 2001.

The BI Chief issued the statement after BI Port Operations Division Chief Marc Red A. Mariñas reported that a total of 74 Aliens were barred from entering the country last year for being disrespectful to Immigration Officers.

Mariñas said Domingo’s memorandum provides not only for the Exclusion of a rude foreign passenger but also his inclusion in the Immigration Blacklist that prevents him from returning to the Philippines.

“This is done to teach these arrogant and discourteous foreigners the lesson that ours is a Sovereign Country whose authority they should respect,” he said.

It was learned that aside from the 74 aliens who were turned back, there were several foreigners who were blacklisted after they have left the country, also because they were rude to Immigration Authorities in our Subport Offices.

An Alien blacklisted for being rude may, however, request for his removal from the blacklist to the BI Commissioner by citing meritorious reasons and apologizing for his misconduct.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

“This is done to teach these arrogant and discourteous foreigners the lesson that ours is a Sovereign Country whose authority they should respect,” he said.

They talk tough when the "foreigners" are not showing up at the Spratley Islands with guns and telling them to piss off.

But in all seriousness, there are a few rude foreigners I would like to see blacklisted, but it won't teach them anything.  They'll just go be rude somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They talk tough

No they don't lol, not if they wait until they leave and black list them lol. But again in my view another example of the over sensitivity and inferiority complex. If someone was really rude and disruptive the offender would have been arrested, prosecuted and deported. The BI officers need to grow a thicker skin IMO. I have seen some knock down drag outs at immigration at LAX:hystery:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

The BI officers need to grow a thicker skin

I have been told a few stories where the BI officers seem to bait foreigners coming here,it`s the questions they ask and how they ask them sometimes. But hell 2 wrongs don`t make a right.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

2 wrongs don`t make a right.

But two negatives make a positive :fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif: so if the BI officers baiting the foreigners are kicked out of their jobs just like the rude foreigners are kicked out of the country that would be the right thing.  Too bad I have such little faith in that happening.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I guess we will just have to bite the bullet.......oh sorry they stopped doing that now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Another case not knowing the actual facts. I’m sure some visitors are simply trailer trash a———‘s.

I know when I arrive Mactan tired and sore from my long flight I’m not exactly in a good mood but all my experience with airport security has been positive even when asked for a bribe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've seen a few complaints about my local immigration office also but to me and others I know they've always been helpful and respectful. My money is on the fact that so few have been blacklisted that they deserved it. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They'll just go be rude somewhere else.

But at least it is not here. :smile:

• Like 1