zamboanga city Home - gaz here British

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted

well we lived in zamboanga for 13 yrs had 5 yrs back in uk what a dump the uk is turning out to be so in April going back to home in zamboanga city . to rebuild our home  before pension time in 3 yrs , so a few yrs work ahead  doing complete solar system on home hybred,/ water system of roofs to run toilets and washing maching /clean kennels also, if your going have building work done in philippines allways wise be there to watch and make sure its done to your standards ( or at least how you want it not how they think you want it .  ppl allways say zamboanga isent safe manly ppl that have never been there  we have never had issues there really never, .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Gary Wak said:

we have never had issues there really never, .

Its great to hear from the people who live in areas said to be unsafe.

Anecdotal evidence from one person who never had an issue is good to hear.  Do you personally know of any foreigners who did have issues there?

In the province of Biliran, where I used to live, I never had any safety issues, ever.  Some of my expat friends in that province lived and felt the same, and still ended up assassinated shortly after I moved away.  It goes to prove that foreigners can be unsafe anywhere, anytime, in Philippines and not even be aware of the danger.

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its great to hear from the people who live in areas said to be unsafe.

Anecdotal evidence from one person who never had an issue is good to hear.  Do you personally know of any foreigners who did have issues there?

In the province of Biliran, where I used to live, I never had any safety issues, ever.  Some of my expat friends in that province lived and felt the same, and still ended up assassinated shortly after I moved away.  It goes to prove that foreigners can be unsafe anywhere, anytime, in Philippines and not even be aware of the danger.

hi  when we first went there i was only 30 odd and lived there for over 10 yrs, and there was  about 6 white ppl and sad say lot those died fron natural  reasons being a lot older than me , and meet couple british guys shall we say into wife swopping and other stuff that wasent good :( ,most my wifes family were and still are coast guards and live all in area we live one road in and one out of village , but getting firearms was very easy with permits ,i still think today we never had problems there because we used go shooting every two weeks at local jail, and locals new we carried and could use the firearms we carried at time  40 cal s&w m&p    we dont go out late at night , and use common sence i still feel safer in zamboanga than in uk (Birmingham) because your white ppl assume your rich and to local standards we are thats every white person, white ppl in zamboanga are here but as i said  a lot strange white ppl so we keep away from many western ppl, and live quiet life with my wife and family only visit us now and then because my wifes family all work for coast guard we have never been asked for money help from them we do help but throu choice we have 4000 sqr mtr lot and house so im very lucky i meet my pinoy wifeand her family . but in process rebuilding our home and putting guest house so hopefully any western ppl that visit zamboanga need place stay thats 100% safe be welcome stay . and be nice company for me also .

• Thanks 1

Gary Wak
Posted
Posted

oppps sorry got my age wrong   lol i was 40 odd not 30 :(