American seeks Domestic Adoption of filipino child

buildmaint
Posted
Posted

Greetings to all

I am an American citizen I am married to a Filipino citizen we have decided to pursue the adoption of a Filipino child not related to my wife the dswd is requiring a letter of legal capacity to adopt this is really the only sticking point as I believe the United States Embassy in Manila does not offer a legal capacity to adopt would anyone have any input or suggestions on this topic please

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the topic.  I have nothing to help but I will follow with interest as I had heard rumours that non-related filipino children could not be adopted and taken out of the country.   Seeing as how all I have heard are coffee shop stories I will enjoy following your actual adventure.

Best of luck.

• Like 3

buildmaint
Posted
Posted

Seriously guys don't reply to this unless you have actual advice this isn't a gossip column find a hobby sir...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Young man firstly Welcome.jpg Secondly I thought you may find this information useful, it won't cut and paste but you will find in it that the Document you need can be got as per instructions (Information) somewhere in there, apparently it is a sworn document between the Lawyers and you. It comes after section (9) in the Judicial process.:

https://deborjalaw.com/adoption-in-the-philippines-2/

best of luck my friend :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, buildmaint said:

this isn't a gossip column find a hobby sir...

:facepalm_80_anim_gif: bad move matey

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

buildmaint
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mr. Peterson

I read through the document and this is a domestic adoption we have worked our way up to the pairing/matching sequence and I have no immediate intentions of bringing the child to the United States. A year ago I did some research on the internet about a legal capacity to adopt form and recall seeing a statement from the u.s. embassy stating they will only issue a letter stating they do not offer such a document. This is really the only reason I am requesting any information on this one topic. I have an attorney already and found him to be incompetent. I wont request any further services from him until the actual hearing. This is already a three years process and time is very short for the pairing will occur in March. Sorry if I offended the moderator.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, buildmaint said:

Sorry if I offended the moderator.

Accepted.  I can tell this is an urgent and serious matter for you.  Hope our members can help.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...